Where is the download link

Started by Grimreaper1704, October 11, 2013, 10:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimreaper1704

Hi there i have buy the game over paypal the 30$ paked and some youtube told me i can play it now and download it. But the only thing i got is an link to an text doc when stand my licence code and the buyind order But no Download link.

So please where can i download the game i wanna play it now :(

Spike

From the Q&A.

QuoteQuestion: When will the game be available?

Answer: The game works now. If you're in the influencer tier, you'll get access to the current pre-alpha as soon as the Kickstarter ends.
I've run several playtests and verified that real people can pick it up and enjoy it. It is, however, a bit light on content, and there are bugs. I'd like to squash this stuff as fast as possible.
I think we can have the first more stable and well-rounded public alpha (with audio and art contributions) out in December 2013.

Grimreaper1704

but why can play some youtuber it? and many say "Buy the game for 30$ and you can play it yet"? so really i must wait 21 more days?Oo

Semmy

Quote from: Grimreaper1704 on October 11, 2013, 10:52:56 AM
Hi there i have buy the game over paypal the 30$ paked and some youtube told me i can play it now and download it. But the only thing i got is an link to an text doc when stand my licence code and the buyind order But no Download link.

So please where can i download the game i wanna play it now :(

Like spike said.
It wont be available till after the kickstarter.
Tynan will try and release a prealpha within days of the kickstarter ending.
Be patient just a bit over 3 weeks left.
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=109.0
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Grimreaper1704

oh man i hate waiting so much when i buy a game -.- okey than i must wait and watch alle lets plays on youtube till i can play -.-

Semmy

Quote from: Grimreaper1704 on October 11, 2013, 11:05:24 AM
oh man i hate waiting so much when i buy a game -.- okey than i must wait and watch alle lets plays on youtube till i can play -.-

Or you might try 1 of the already availeble awsome games out there.

Check the offtopic forum some nice games listed there.
For instance. Factorio - maiagame -  towns - steam marines - gnomoria -  dwarf fortress and we could go on forever
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

British

You're not actually *buying* RimWorld.
Granted, the "Buy" buttons are misleading, but they seem to be part of some package managed by http://www.sendowl.com which provide selling services.
You also missed a couple sentences above the "Buy" buttons:

"Some people can’t pay on Kickstarter. If that’s the case for you, you can sign up for the exact same rewards using PayPal. All orders will go to your PayPal email so don’t use this if you don’t have access to the email account you’re paying with."

In the end, you have pledged as well, and will have to wait until early november to actually get the game, just like 99.7% of the backers (= people that have pledged, be it by KickStarter or Paypal).
The 0.3% remaining are testers that were picked on this very forum, and YouTubers that were provided the game to make Let's Plays and introductory videos for the world to fathom.
If you were "told" that you were buying the game, as in "being able to play it right now", then you were lied to.

enystrom8734

I do believe this has been answered. Locked.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734