[REQUEST] Migrations and Herds

Started by lance789, May 01, 2016, 12:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lance789

I would really love to see a mod that adds the following:

• Pawn Migration:
An event that spawns a MASSIVE group of pawns and animals (like Muffalo) to travel from one end of the screen to another. As a bonus, these groups can spawn a hostile group that doesn't become hostile to colony unless they come to close to one another. The size of these migrating groups can be from 10 to 20 (30 or more if group/faction is passive to colony) This event should occur at any time of year during anytime of day.

• Animal Migration:
Some animals migrate from north to south (or east > west, or west < east)(no south > north). This event should occur within the last 2 days before winter actually begins, it should spawn a sizable group of that animal to simulate a herd(varies by animal), and should occur more than once during that 2-day period.

(tiny groups: 3 - 5)
-- Thrumbo

(small groups: 8 - 12)
-- Rhinoceros
-- Boar

(large groups: 17 - 25)
-- Alpaca
-- Boomalope
-- Elk
-- Deer
-- Cow
-- Elephant
-- Warg (can spawn as hostile)+(automatically hostile to all pawns and animals on map, even hostile to other Wargs not part of migration group)

(massive groups +30)
-- Muffalo

These events ignore the presence of other events (doesnt stop them from triggering), but also doesnt stop or ignore situations that may happen as a result of other events. (for example: Raid event occurs, then Migration event occurs) or (Migration event occurs, then Migration event occurs(Warg)) or (Radiation Storm event occurs, then Visiters event occurs, then Migration event occurs).

Furthor more, im pretty sure this can be added to Rimworld by modifying or duplicating the "Passing By" event.

Kreuzberger

I propose to add a special and rare version of the animal migration: the stampede...

With the chance to damage or destroy any construction under a certain niveau of hitpoints, like wood constructions.

Raccoon

skullywag

I have a migration event mod that is rough, it just spawns a group of biome specific animals and lets them wander in the middle of the map for a bit then leave. Had a tonne of polar bears (I know lol) join me on my ice sheet playthrough, that was fun....as they dont have much to hunt, it was basically manhunter pack but i didnt know when it would occur.

https://github.com/Skullywag/GreatMigration/releases/tag/GreatMigration1.1
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

lance789

Quote from: Kreuzberger on May 03, 2016, 08:14:37 AM
I propose to add a special and rare version of the animal migration: the stampede...

With the chance to damage or destroy any construction under a certain niveau of hitpoints, like wood constructions.

Thats actually a neat idea.

Quote from: skullywag on May 03, 2016, 09:43:28 AM
I have a migration event mod that is rough, it just spawns a group of biome specific animals and lets them wander in the middle of the map for a bit then leave. Had a tonne of polar bears (I know lol) join me on my ice sheet playthrough, that was fun....as they dont have much to hunt, it was basically manhunter pack but i didnt know when it would occur.

https://github.com/Skullywag/GreatMigration/releases/tag/GreatMigration1.1

Cool thanks