Art Bug?

Started by MisterVertigo, May 03, 2016, 11:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

I recently created a double bed of excellent quality, and it had art on it. They are always entertaining so I gave it a read. However, I noticed a strange thing. I think my artist can see the future! The date mentioned in the art is "11th of winter, 5502" but the current date of my colony is 7th of fall, 5502.

Attached is a screen shot. I didn't post this in the bugs forum as I have several mods installed. None of them should affect the date though, as far as I know. Has anyone else seen this?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Reddeath96

Haven't noticed any dates from the future on any of my art work. But this does give me an idea too make psychically sensitive people useful. That they can predict future events and such in there art would be bad ass.

Klitri

OP, can you confirm if this incident actually occurs on the 11th of Winter?

Covered in Weasels

"Hey fellow colonists, look! There's a flaming squirrel over there! I predicted this event last season, so there cam be no doubt of my precognitive powers. And no, I have no idea what happened to the colony stash of molotov coctails."

cultist

Any idea if this event happened on 11th winter 5501 and the date simply off by a year? Seems like the most reasonable explanation. AFAIK art can only be assigned events that have actually happened.

MisterVertigo

I'm not sure if this event happened in the past or not. I don't remember a squirrel catching on fire, but it certainly seems reasonable that it could have happened. I don't remember having a tame squirrel, but I suppose one could have self-tamed at some point. I played last night, but I don't remember if I got past the date of the supposed event or not.

Since this piece of art, I have created several more and all of them referred to events in the past. It's just this one that seemed to have a wrong year.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Lys

Quote from: MisterVertigo on May 04, 2016, 09:36:15 AMI don't remember having a tame squirrel, but I suppose one could have self-tamed at some point.
You don't even need a tame one for that. A 1/4 of my art is depicting megascarabs/spelodes/... catching fire/trying to extinguish themselves because I burned quite a bit of insects on my playthrough. I've never really looked at the date of them though... So that squirrel probably got struck by ligthning or something since you obviously didn't intentionally burn it. Gonna check the dates on my statues later...