[WIP] Project Armory

Started by Evul, May 01, 2016, 03:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

DESCRIPTION
Project Armory contain weapons from many ears games and movies that are well balanced and structured. This new improved version of the mod will have different mod kits containing weapons from a specific game, movie or era. Project Armory is a open source community project that focus on adding well balanced weapons with graphic as close to the vanilla game as possible to RimWorld. Feel free to join our slack channel and fork us on GitHub. Come and make space and RimWorld great again!

LINKS

Alistaire

Good luck with the rewrite!

Justas love

Evul

Due to the fact that we are using GitHub you can test the devbuild live :)

Goldenpotatoes

Kilroy232

In the past you had an assembly similar to the community core library that added the ability to have a projectile with multiple effects and things like that. Do you have any plans to do this again?

Evul

Quote from: Kilroy232 on May 02, 2016, 11:57:10 PM
In the past you had an assembly similar to the community core library that added the ability to have a projectile with multiple effects and things like that. Do you have any plans to do this again?

Probably if i find some one that can maintain it cause my C# ability is not that great.

Kilroy232

Quote from: Evul on May 03, 2016, 12:11:50 PM
Quote from: Kilroy232 on May 02, 2016, 11:57:10 PM

Probably if i find some one that can maintain it cause my C# ability is not that great.

I get that, I am trying to get more adventurous with the C# but its not easy going. I look forward to this mod though, good luck

Evul

If you want and when you learn how to handle C# Please give us a call. :P

Thx for the support :)

Evul

Plymouth

Previous mod structure failed in the face of changes made to the game's xml structure. Moreover, the system we once thought was good, with damage determined by ammunition caliber, was actually not, for separating one individual weapon from it's ammunition that it uses made everything much more complicated to bugtrack. Right now I am working on proper formulas based on real world physics and weapon parameters, and they work. Initial phase of reforms is ever so slowly approaching it's end.  :D

Plymouth

Initial phase of calculating formulas is officially done! Check it out at:
https://github.com/RimWorldProjectArmory/ProjectArmoryRearmed/wiki

joaonunes

Quote from: Evul on May 01, 2016, 05:53:40 PM
Due to the fact that we are using GitHub you can test the devbuild live :)

I see no assemblies file... will we still be able to test the mod? I might be wrong, I never modded Rimworld but assemblies file usually holds the .dll that should be needed for stuff to work :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Thorbane

Are there plans for a Combat Realism patch?

Zorathex

Are you still working on this? And wouldn't it be easier to create a program designed to batch modify the files to A13?

By making a program to do it, you would then only need to update the program for each new version of Rimworld.