Problem with trading

Started by zok123, May 01, 2016, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zok123

Found out what caused this problem. Having a person in a cryptosleep casket does it. Still want to leave the error so the devs can see it a hopefully fix it.
got some info about it, It doesn't happen if a colonist is in a cruptosleep casket, only if it's a hostile/prisoner.

I use the lastest game version and it's vanilla.

oh and is it possible for a forum moderator to move this to the bugs section?

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Kiki, Job=UseCommsConsole A=Thing_CommsConsole488074, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.Pawn_GuestTracker.get_PrisonerIsSecure () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeUtility+<>c__Iterator104.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeShip+<>c__Iterator102.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.TradeShip.TryOpenComms (Verse.Pawn negotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator34.<>m__94 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Jakalth

I had the trades on my game fail to work at all for an unknown, at the time, reason.  The trades would not be completed no matter how many times I'd try.  The trade screen would just freeze and any silver I was trying to spend to buy something, would be gone but the item would not be dropped off.  And I was not able to sell anything at all.  But by accident, I found the solution.

It seems that if the primary beacon(the one that items get dropped off at) is directly covered at all, for any reason, it prevents the trades from being completed.  In my case, I had this beacon in the edge of a stockpile that I was using to store chunks.  The stockpile was completely full, including a chunk being placed directly on top of the beacon.  For some reason, this is what was causing the trades to completely fail.

If your dropoff beacon is inside a stockpile, try removing the stockpile from the single tile that the beacon is on and remove any items that might be stacked on top of the beacon.  Once the beacon is free and clear, try trading again.  For me, this is the fix that let the trades work again.

So to sum it up...  Allowing any items to be stacked on top of the beacon will cause trades to fail and your trade screen to freeze.  Solution is prevent items from being placed on top of the beacon.

@zok123 try doing what I mentioned here and see if this helps for you.

Zokora

The bug: prisoner in cryocascet cause trades to fail is a known bug.
Just search for it in the bug section

Release the prisoner from cryocascet and you can trade again.

zok123

Quote from: Zokora on May 02, 2016, 05:14:56 AM
The bug: prisoner in cryocascet cause trades to fail is a known bug.
Just search for it in the bug section

Release the prisoner from cryocascet and you can trade again.

ye i noticed that.. So i have to release all 15 everytime ): and put them back in when i'm done trading..

ison

This is a known bug which will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting.