[A13] Extreme Desert Oasis

Started by Kaballah, May 01, 2016, 02:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

This mod adds a small chance of a very small patch of marsh/water tiles in the Extreme Desert biome.  On a standard size map in flat terrain, you'll find a water patch like this in about 1 out of 4 maps.  This has no practical effect unless you're also running some other mod that makes use of water tiles (e.g. Skullywag's Natural Floors or Rikiki's Fish Industry).  I also decided to disable the Muscle Parasites and Gutworms diseases for the Extreme Desert biome, since they logically would not occur in an area with no animals at all.  This mod will conflict with other mods that affect the Extreme Desert biome (nb: MarvinKosh's Hot and Cold Biomes mod does NOT modify extreme desert, so no conflict there).

Download A13 Extreme Desert Oasis 1.0

Luroshard

Quote from: Kaballah on May 01, 2016, 02:35:29 AM
I also decided to disable the Muscle Parasites and Gutworms diseases for the Extreme Desert biome, since they logically would not occur in an area with no animals at all.
Is this true? I think it would be logical to contract these diseases through foreign products. Then again, it's not exactly shown what passed the disease onto the colonist, so...

Kaballah

I guess you could justify any sort of ~alien biology~ to apply to any disease, but if those two are intended to model real world diseases, then they're transmitted by animal feces (gutworm/tapeworm) and eating raw animal meat (muscle parasites/trichinosis).  You don't just get them from the air, and in places where animals simply don't live you won't be stepping on their poo/eating their raw meat.

Voron

Deserts are Remarkably filled with Life, You can find life almost Anywhere on our Planet, not hard to imagine that another planet sustaining life would've found their way to sustain life even in such a harsh and barren place
In any case I'll remember this mod if i ever want to do a Desert colony :)