Nuzzling

Started by The-MathMog, May 01, 2016, 08:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-MathMog

Make "nuzzling" not cancel current processes. It is very annoying, when your doctor is doing surgery, and it get's cancelled just before completion, because the dog decided it needed a cuddle..
With the amount of animals I have in my current colony, it begins to actually become a minor problem, in an Icesheet Randy Extreme colony :P

theapolaustic1

Make a new animal zone. Highlight the hospital area, then go to "manage areas" and click invert. Name it "no animals allowed", restrict all of your animals to "no animals allowed".

If any other areas are also causing problems (the kitchen is one for me, because that's where the booze is and the elephant likes to get blackout drunk), do the same for them.

The-MathMog

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on May 01, 2016, 08:55:25 PM
Make a new animal zone. Highlight the hospital area, then go to "manage areas" and click invert. Name it "no animals allowed", restrict all of your animals to "no animals allowed".

If any other areas are also causing problems (the kitchen is one for me, because that's where the booze is and the elephant likes to get blackout drunk), do the same for them.

Yeah that might be a temporary option for me. I do that too to keep the wargs out of the meat-storage, and from my bored "incabable" pawn, that keeps walking into other people's bedrooms while they sleep, because he's got nothing better to do apparently. Haha drunk elephants! I bet they can chug down a few in a matter of seconds!

But yeah. For me it just becomes an irritating small thing that I have to do with zones, to optimize things. When my 1 armed crafter, get to redo his work on the slag, because the genetically modified war-machine of a dog, also needs some love from time to time :P

Vaporisor

Wonder how much work it would be to have nuzzle a pause, not interrupt.  I never noticed this before.  Cats, the antagonist to efficient work.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Studoku

Seems reasonable. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to perform surgery while my cat was nuzzling me.

cultist

Quote from: Studoku on May 02, 2016, 08:06:03 AM
Seems reasonable. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to perform surgery while my cat was nuzzling me.
Cats ignore the zone you assign them to when?

The-MathMog

Quote from: Studoku on May 02, 2016, 08:06:03 AM
Lol, then it should at least be implemented properly!

*Operation failed catastrophically! Doctor Accidentally removed patiens nose* Reason: Mr. Meow needed a snuggle.

Quote from: Vaporisor on May 01, 2016, 09:53:19 PM
Wonder how much work it would be to have nuzzle a pause, not interrupt.  I never noticed this before.  Cats, the antagonist to efficient work.
Yeah I don't imagine it being a mayor fix. It doesn't interrupt all tasks either. Construction they just proceed, but it's crafting, like smelting and making components that is a problem :p

Vaporisor

Yeah.... If it resets components, that is a definite buzzkill
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

The-MathMog

Quote from: Vaporisor on May 02, 2016, 12:32:24 PM
Yeah.... If it resets components, that is a definite buzzkill
Indeed, it takes so long even without the interrupting!