Extract bionic parts from cadavers

Started by wbonxx, May 02, 2016, 12:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

I have a suggestion.

Make it so you can bring corpses with bionics to a special worktable, or just normal butchery table, to hack up the wrecked bionic parts for "(muscle/organ?(only have a difference if more organs are added)) Bio-Scrap."

Then add a workbench, the "Biolab", that has the option to "Revitalize Bioscrap" into "Bionic Parts" which you can then craft into actual bionic body parts.

Let's say that a bionic limb is worth a base of 30 Bionic Scrap, but to craft a bionic limb, you need 120 Bionic Parts. If a limb is damaged at time of death, then you gain less Bionic Scrap from it; if the body's started to rot, you also gain less scrap, etc.

Kegereneku

Basically you suggest :
- We can take the bionic in a "scrap" state.
- But they'll only work once "revitalized" on a workbench using material and said scrap.
Sound like a good manageable system to me.

I would just like to know from the devs if there's still is that other problem of status he mentioned (between living & dead).
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Nebbie

It's extremely frustrating when a particular raider with a bionic part is killed instead of incapacitated, and it strains believability that you can't hack off their leg moments after death when most of the body is still quite intact.

With the update, bionics seem to come later and less predictably now that you mostly rely on visiting traders; exotic goods traders and pirate merchants are rather rare. It really would help if bionics could be salvaged from the occasional dead pirate or colonist. Also, any colony worth a damn has to grow and colonists get scars all the time, so while the number of bionics may only increase over time by recycling them, the number of colonists that need bionics naturally goes up too.

Illusion Distort

Mabey you should atleast be able to get plasteel/steel from butchering or cremating the body of a dead person with bionics.

Harold3456

Quote from: Illusion Distort on May 05, 2016, 07:05:00 AM
Mabey you should atleast be able to get plasteel/steel from butchering or cremating the body of a dead person with bionics.

I like this, bionics as a source of plasteel (I'm currently in a late game, and plasteel is hard to come by without spending a fortune). Personally, I don't need to be able to get bionics off cadavers. I think they were only ever designed as a luxury item of a rich colony, and if you could easily retrieve them then soon every colonist would be fully outfitted.

As the game works now, I need to be pretty rich to be able to afford to give every colonist a single bionic enhancement, and the fact that my doctor is fully outfitted (hands and eyes) means I'm keeping him the hell away from combat.

hector212121

Hmm.

10 plasteel per bionic limb and 10 gold per bionic eye when cremating, bio-scrap when butchering? Sound reasonable?

wbonxx

I think getting materials out of them sounds a bit less interesting.

The whole point is to get the bionic parts out because it "feels" frustrating not being able to do so. When you have a colonist waiting for 2 years for an eye or an arm.

They should have a grade level, or be damaged to balance or so.

SuperCaffeineDude

I would rather extract bionic parts from there cold dead corpse, organic parts should have to be extracted from a live host, but the roboarm940 isn't going to rot or clot or be any less suitable than it already was for the other user.

Kegereneku

Alternative to the "damage" sub-suggestion : Simply needing to repair them using the "Components" resources we now have.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !