Settler stands still and selecting her freezes the whole game [mantis]

Started by SlyStalker, February 08, 2014, 11:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyStalker

Hello everyone,
I have a settler (Nerhesi) who is does nothing but stand still. She is not drafted. When I click on her to select her, the whole game freezes for some bizarre reason. I can attach the save file, but I'm not sure where the directory is.

ItchyFlea

Save files should be located here:
• Windows: Users\[Current user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\
• Mac: /Users/[Current user name]/Library/Caches/unity.Ludeon Studios.RimWorld/

The most likely cause if your colonist is attempting to interact with something that does not exist. A possible solution is to double-click another colonist near the affected one, draft all the colonists at once, then undraft them.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

SlyStalker

Yes, drafting her does seem to solve the problem. Thanks!

Fernbhoy

managed to get the bug myself, uploaded a copy incase it wants investigating still (affected colonist is Gen)

game itself doesn't seem to freeze, by you lose all access to the ui

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Semmy

Quote from: fernbhoy on February 11, 2014, 05:36:53 PM
managed to get the bug myself, uploaded a copy incase it wants investigating still (affected colonist is Gen)

game itself doesn't seem to freeze, by you lose all access to the ui

Thank you investigating as i type this.
What i so far have managed to see is that he is attached to the fleeing pawn.
Why i dont know.
Or maybe he is trying to flee.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Tynan

Seems like a serious bug. Thanks for reporting this one - now I can kill it for next build.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Semmy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Fernbhoy

np ;) as Itchy stated too selecting another colonist with double click and drafting/undrafting does fix the issue.

timegrinder

EDIT: Ignore me, I see Itchy's note on the mantis report - apparently I can't read :P

Just a note to the dev guys you've now got this bug reported multiple times and as multiple jobs in Mantis

See: 322 331 and 341 - should all be the same bug (Or at least 322 and 341 are)

Tynan

Looks like 331 and 341 are the same, but 321 has a slightly different callstack. Anyway, I'll fix them all.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

DeMatt

I had this happen a couple times - the suggested workaround of selecting multiple colonists (including the stuck one) and recruiting/unrecruiting them worked.

I suspect it's because the game saved while the stuck colonist was in the middle of cleaning up something - the fact that the "something" was cleaned was saved, but the fact that the colonist should be done cleaning that "something" was not.