Colony Wealth

Started by Nanao-kun, May 02, 2016, 11:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanao-kun

Is there a way to make colony wealth be based only on what's been built and ignoring items? Or exclude a certain item from being part of the total wealth?

Britnoth

The game already differentiates between item wealth and building wealth?

AFAIK there is no definition to 'ignore' certain items when calculating this (other than items you cannot see), so that would be a bit more complicated.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Britnoth on May 03, 2016, 11:36:43 AM
The game already differentiates between item wealth and building wealth?

AFAIK there is no definition to 'ignore' certain items when calculating this (other than items you cannot see), so that would be a bit more complicated.

The two different wealth are added together to form the total colony wealth. I guess ignoring a specific item won't really work, but what about ignoring item wealth entirely? As in, not adding the item wealth to calculating threat strength.

Britnoth

If it is wealth when calculating raid sizes yes that is pretty straightforward, as it is called as part of the storyteller. Meaning a new storyteller can use a new class that calculates raid sizes however you want.

I think the no incident trolling mod replaces the storytellers with ones that use just building wealth and colonist population only?

This will make a colonist with a pistol the same value as one with a charge rifle and power armour, however...  ::)

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Britnoth on May 03, 2016, 03:41:11 PM
If it is wealth when calculating raid sizes yes that is pretty straightforward, as it is called as part of the storyteller. Meaning a new storyteller can use a new class that calculates raid sizes however you want.

I think the no incident trolling mod replaces the storytellers with ones that use just building wealth and colonist population only?

This will make a colonist with a pistol the same value as one with a charge rifle and power armour, however...  ::)

A negligible difference when, due to a variety of factors between different mods and pure luck, your item wealth is about 75 times your building wealth. With 99.999% of it useless because you've been incredibly unlucky in getting the orbital traders you need.