Does anyone else feel weird about having 15 types of stone?

Started by Zombra, April 30, 2016, 08:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

The differences between slate wall and granite wall are marginal. Tynan says he doesn't like adding superflous resources, but he did just that. Marble doesn't even have a beauty bonus when you use it for floors or walls.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 01, 2016, 12:47:40 AM
The differences between slate wall and granite wall are marginal. Tynan says he doesn't like adding superflous resources, but he did just that. Marble doesn't even have a beauty bonus when you use it for floors or walls.

I agree there could be abit more diversity in their bonuses. If abit (like +1) more beauty on flooring and walls is too OP I'd like at least to see marble being slightly better then the rest for sculptures.

When it comes to walls every single extra hitpoint counts. Better safe then sorry. I even use my precious plasteel for walls sometimes, the strongest walls in the game.

b0rsuk

It's softer, but I'm not sure if it translates into lower "work to make" because my map has granite and limestone.

Robovski

Smelting gives you an on-going income of steel. You can melt down raider weapons and those drop pods leave plenty of smeltable fragments and they just rain down from the sky. Still not loads, but it certainly helps.

Coenmcj

Quote from: pdxsean on April 30, 2016, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: Zombra on April 30, 2016, 08:47:14 PM
I've been breaking down all the stone lying around into nice, easy-to-construct-with bricks, and I seem to have piles of construction-ready stone all over the place, but putting up even one stone building is a pain in the ass.

You can specify which type of chunk to break down at the stone table. If you feel there's too much of a variety, just instruct your masons to focus on the one type of chunk you prefer.

Friendly warning, Don't use "Make until x" unless you're only manufacturing a single stone type, Doing it with multiple stone types does not work very well. Tynan is Aware of this bug. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

makapse

there is a nice mod that only adds 5 recipes for each stone so that we can craft until x for all the diff types of stones we need directly. I dont think thats changing the game much, just a better way of life

Zombra

Quote from: Coenmcj on May 02, 2016, 12:01:53 AMFriendly warning, Don't use "Make until x" unless you're only manufacturing a single stone type, Doing it with multiple stone types does not work very well. Tynan is Aware of this bug. :)
Seems like it would be weird to do it that way anyway.  Now that I know how it works (thanks guys), I make separate bills for each type.  Build stone blocks until you have 500, limestone only, and also build stone blocks until you have 500, slate only.  Seems to be working OK so far.

Nadrac

I don't really mind it, but it's pointless. They are basically identical.

b0rsuk

You used to be able to smelt stone from stone clubs. Is that still the case ? I was unable to pull that off in A13, maybe a glitch or I messed something up.