Visitors wait location

Started by exelsiar, May 03, 2016, 01:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exelsiar

Hi, when ever visitors come by they often pick an odd location to wait such as in the following picture. Is there a way to force them to sit around in a certain area? In this case, preferably the blue area in the picture.

https://imgur.com/31yiois

Thanks.

Boston

That is precisely why the visitors don't wait in specific areas, nor can be made to. Tynan was afraid of people cheesing the hell out of the visitor-trading system in order to get free stuff.

nuschler22

Quote from: exelsiar on May 03, 2016, 01:00:31 PM
Hi, when ever visitors come by they often pick an odd location to wait such as in the following picture. Is there a way to force them to sit around in a certain area? In this case, preferably the blue area in the picture.

https://imgur.com/31yiois

Thanks.

I may be incorrect, but I think you can force them to wait in an area by adding a guest bed.

I've yet to have a group of visitors wait anywhere else besides where my guest bed is located.

Although, if you get two groups of visitors at the same time, I believe you need to have at least one more bed than the total in the group of the first visitors.  Meaning, if there are five visitors in the first group, a sixth bed will force the second group to plant their flag there as well.

nuschler22

I like your setup, by the way.  I might give something like this a try.

Dartonian

Guest bed? Is that in vanilla or a mod?

GarettZriwin

Quote from: Dartonian on May 03, 2016, 05:23:15 PM
Hospitality mod I think, only guest beds I ever had were the colonist-marked ones used to heal rescued Spacers or downed Visitors.

nuschler22

Quote from: GarettZriwin on May 03, 2016, 05:25:59 PM
Quote from: Dartonian on May 03, 2016, 05:23:15 PM
Hospitality mod I think, only guest beds I ever had were the colonist-marked ones used to heal rescued Spacers or downed Visitors.

It is Hospitality mod.  I would wait a bit though because the last couple of versions broke my game.  It might be fixed now.  Check out what people are saying to see if it's fixed.  In prior Alphas, it's been a good mod.

It should resolve your problem, though, and if it is fixed, I believe it can be added to a save game.

exelsiar

Thanks for the info all ^_^

Zombra

lol.

How "odd" that they choose to hang out outside instead of climbing down into a rubble-filled death pit when the obvious murderers invite them to  ::)

"Excuse me miss, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

exelsiar

no no no, the chloroform only gets used on pirates... I mean sure, I call everyone a pirate but still...

Gennadios

Quote from: Boston on May 03, 2016, 01:11:42 PM
That is precisely why the visitors don't wait in specific areas, nor can be made to. Tynan was afraid of people cheesing the hell out of the visitor-trading system in order to get free stuff.

I understand the the game has a very low incident pool as it is, but that's a pretty bad justification. Even if game logic can't tell the difference between a player caused death and an accidental one, just have it treat the colony as a "bermuda triangle" type location. Too many suspicious deaths and the game stops generating visitors. Force players to keep trade caravans alive if they want an economy.

Gennadios

Quote from: Gennadios on May 05, 2016, 01:23:00 AM
Quote from: Boston on May 03, 2016, 01:11:42 PM

I understand the the game has a very low incident pool as it is, but that's a pretty bad justification. Even if game logic can't tell the difference between a player caused death and an accidental one, just have it treat the colony as a "bermuda triangle" type location. Too many suspicious deaths and the game stops generating visitors - I mean I wouldn't be keen on joining a caravan to the same place the last 3 disappeared. Force players to keep trade caravans alive if they want an economy.