[W|0.1.334] Gameplay: Corpse to Grave issue (Fixed)

Started by colonistPally, February 09, 2014, 01:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonistPally

Hello. Been really struggling with the whole corpse situation.

Update. Just needed to turn zones "off (or lower than the grave priority)" to corpses, make sure I had enough graves (and had them a higher priority) and viola no issues.

Thanks all that helped.
----

I make sure my character is on "gather."
I make sure the corpse is "interactable."
I make sure the trash pile is set to "allow all corpses."
I put the grave sites next to it.
Wait for that to build...
Make sure the whole thing is set to "home."

I can get the blood cleaned up using "cleaning." I can get the corpses as far as the trash pile using "gather" and then they're completely untouchable. Group gets whiny about the gore, seeing bodies, etc, etc, game over. Very frustrating. :(

No matter what I do, I can't get the body into the grave. Animals, friends, enemies, nobody'll go into the grave and it only has one option that says "allow animals."

It's a loooot of steps but I don't mind if you say it has to be done..

Any ideas what I'm missing for the final step?

Semmy

You can build stockpiles to hold bodies atm.
There is a known bug.

Make the stockpile outside of yourbase build a wall around it and done.
or maybe a awsome dwarfen tomb
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

colonistPally

Ah I didn't see it on "known issues." Sorry, my bad. :(

For future reference, how is it supposed to work? In the past I believe they'd get the body and take it straight to the dirt pile if there was one nearby. Is that correct?

Semmy

Yes.

Now you have to set the stockpile to accept bodies.
And make sure the body isnt forbidden.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

colonistPally

I know you have to set the stockpile properly and unforbid the body. But how are you supposed to get them into a grave site? If it's broken, how is it supposed to work?

It's a pretty urgent defect because seeing the body pile is like a MASSIVE compounding debuff that's almost... almost game breaking. Even if you have the pile off in a corner somewhere.

DeMatt

Build graves, and set your trash stockpile's priority to "Low".

Graves act as "corpse stockpiles" with a priority of Normal.  Setting your trash stockpile to Low means your colonists will prefer to put corpses into the higher-priority graves.  They will then move the corpses from the trash stockpile to the graves as they become available.

...Or set blasting charges and destroy the stuff in your trash stockpile that way.

colonistPally

Thank you I'll give this a try. I would have never figured that out... You're right, that worked. I would have never figured that out.

From now on I'm shutting that off for everything but grave sites. It works MUCH better!