[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hello everyone!  :D

I have decided to post the list of mods I am currently playing with to enhance the vanilla experience of Rimworld. All credits go to the mods' respective authors!

IMPORTANT:

• This pack includes two mods that I modified slightly to try and get rid of the reported errors: LT_NoCleaningPlease and CombatRealism! If you find any game breaking issues please replace the .dll file from the "\[mod_name]\Assemblies\" folder with the one from "\[mod_name]\ORIGINAL DLL\". I did test them just now and everything SHOULD work fine - no "NULL" pawn errors, automatic turrets working, no "TraverseParms" errors, pawns not getting stuck while cleaning.
  • If you find any errors/bugs related to any mod, please check that mod's thread and this thread for previous occurrences! If the issue is not known make sure you write a reply/PM to inform that mod's author about it!
  • The Combat Realism mod is at its last version (1.6.5) before NoImageAvailable ceased development for it. Please report any errors related to loadouts or other CR-related misbehavior IN THAT THREAD (also search for Skullywag's Github link for CR bug reporting!).
  • Make sure you always exit the game and reenter it after going into the Mods menu, even if you did not do any changes. If not, you may experience strange behaviors in your games or they might even become corrupted(i.e. unable to make things work properly).

This thread is now locked and has been recreated here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20669.0

NOTES:

• If you're interested in making power armor helmets invisible, just comment/delete the following line from \Mods\CombatRealism\Defs\ThingDefs\Apparel_Hats.xml:
    <worngraphicPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/PowerArmorHelmet/PowerArmorHelmet</worngraphicPath>
  • - The Rimsenal Security,AutoEquip and LT_RedistHeat are not currently working properly with this pack, thus I'm keeping them disabled; AreaUnlocker and DarknessRevamp only for convenience.
  • - There is a simple method for changing the mods list when you want to play with more versions of them: start the game with the -savedatafolder="X:\path_to_other_folder\other_folder\" option. This way you can point the game to load from a different save data folder. This includes the ModsConfig.xml so it's actually really easy to switch between playing different mod packs. The game will automatically create the subfolders "Config" and "Saves" if it does not find them at startup. Thank you MarvinKosh for this piece of information!

KNOWN ISSUES:

• - The CombatRealism mod used to bug out sometimes - either with a "TraverseParms" error or a "NULL" pawn error. I've made a few changes to the .dll file that hopefully solve those errors.
  • - The LT_NoCleaningPlease mod used to bug out sometimes - your colonists got stuck cleaning. I've made a few changes to the .dll file that hopefully solve those errors.
  • - The AreaUnlocker mod seems to cause some issues on Linux/Mac, thus I disabled it for now. For me it's working perfectly, so you can keep it enabled if it works for you too (see mods' list for ordering).
  • - The Rimworld Westernization mod may generate some error messages in the debug console. This shouldn't affect game play too much, but if you're having game-breaking issues with any weapon from the mod, consider disabling it and letting the author know about the bugs.
  • - There is a mod overlap regarding hidden power conduits(you can ignore the research). This overlap is harmless and should be ignored; I simply did not want to edit the mods.
  • - The 81mm mortar seems to appear 3 times in the Security tab after researching everything.
  • - The blueprints you setup will not remain in the list after you save and load the saved game (not sure if this is intended).
  • - The ED-MoreVanillaTurrets mod doesn't seem to work with the latest turret improvements from CombatRealism. The turrets do work but they don't require ammo and such. If you find they are overpowered, simply disable the mod.

User guide to install:

1. Delete or move all mods from the "\Rimworld\Mods" folder (except "Core").
2. Go to:

• For Windows users: C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config

• (make sure you have the Hidden Files and Folders option enabled in your file manager if you explore through the path toward this folder).
  • For Linux users: "/home/[your user name]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config"
  • For Mac users: "/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config"
Delete(or move/backup) all the files that exist in that folder and copy the new "ModsConfig.xml" file, which is at the root of the attached mod pack archive.
3. Extract the rest of the archive(i.e. only the folders) into the "\Rimworld\Mods" directory.
4. Start the game, check that the mods appear correctly (through the menu) and play!

ORDERED MOD LIST:

• Core
  • CCL - by - CCL Team - LINK
  • CCL Vanilla Tweaks - by - CCL Team - LINK
  • EdB Mod Order - by - EdB - LINK
  • Darkness Revamp(SB) - by - Panggul_mas&Cram&Viceroy - LINK
  • Darkness Revamp Lights - by - Panggul_mas&Cram - LINK
  • Power Switch - by - Haplo - LINK
  • Miscellaneous CORE - by - Haplo - LINK
  • Miscellaneous Map Generator - by - Haplo - LINK
  • Miscellaneous Incidents - by - Haplo - LINK
  • More Sun Lamps - by - Rock5 - LINK
  • Heated Sun Lamps - by - Dismar - LINK
  • Recycle - by - Encode - LINK
  • RoofBomb - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Enhanced Tabs - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • Dermal Regenerator - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Additional Lighting - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Vein Miner - by - Julia Ellie & Gentz & Jackarbiter - LINK
  • Allow Tool - by - UnlimitedHugs - LINK
  • Smart Bears - by - Scaphismus - LINK
  • Less Incident Trolling - by - MarvinKosh - LINK
  • RT Fuse - by - Ratys - LINK
  • RT Solar Flare Shielding - by - Ratys - LINK
  • Hospitality - by - Orion - LINK
  • EdB Colonist Bar - by - EdB - LINK
  • DE Surgeries - by - DarknessEyes - LINK
  • Trade-12 - by - Shurp - LINK
  • ED-Autoloader - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Omnigel - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-SubspaceTransponder - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Moat - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Embrasures - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Laser Drill - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Plants 24H - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Reinforced Stuff - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Shields - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-ClosableVent - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-PoweredVent - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-ReverseCycleCooler - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • Better Coolers - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Better Vents - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • ED-ReverseCycleCooler patch for BetterCoolers - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-ClosableVent patch for BetterVents - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-PoweredVents patch for BetterVents - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • Extended Fabrics - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • No Fighting! - by - Happydacat - LINK
  • Fences - by - ItchyFlea - LINK
  • Modular Tables - by - ItchyFlea - LINK
  • Numbers! - by - Koisama - LINK
  • Area Unlocker - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • Blueprints - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • Medical Info - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • BiomeSpawnTweak - by - Igabod - LINK
  • Ocean Biome - by - Jakub k. & Knainoa - LINK
  • Bulk Meals - by - Igabod - LINK
  • M&Co.: Mobile Mineral Sonar - by - Rikiki - LINK
  • Caveworld Flora - by - Rikiki - LINK
  • LT_NoCleaningPlease - by - Latta & Fluffy(l2032) - LINK
  • LT_Soiling - by - Latta - LINK
  • More Traits - by - TheFlameTouched - LINK
  • More Vanilla Turrets - by - Jaxxa & Marnador - LINK
  • Combat Realism - by - NoImageAvailable - LINK
  • Combat Realism Defence - by - NoImageAvailable - LINK
  • ED-Shields patch for CombatRealism - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Embrasures patch for CombatRealism - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering - by - Ykara - LINK
  • Combat Realism EPOE Patch - by - NoImageAvailable - LINK
  • High Caliber - by - eatKenny - LINK
  • High Caliber Combat Realism patch - by - eatKenny - LINK
  • Rimfire for CombatRealism - by - Alistaire - LINK
  • Rimworld Westernization Project - by - JackeryFox - LINK
  • Miscellaneous CORE patch for CR - by - Haplo - LINK
  • CompletTechSolution - by - Kexici - LINK
  • Solars Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Thermals Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Batteries Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Conduits Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • SmallSolars Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Fast Floors - by - Igabod - LINK
  • Stonecutting Tweak - by - ItchyFlea - LINK
  • SkilledBuilder (Off) - by - Shadwar - LINK
  • Trade Request: Caravans - by - Kaizyn - LINK
  • Animu Hair - by - Shinzy - LINK
  • Rimsenal Hair - by - Rooki1 - LINK
  • Xeva Hair - by - Orion - LINK
  • Rimsenal Storyteller - by - Rooki1 - LINK
  • More Furniture - by - Anonemous2 - LINK
  • Mad Skills (Tiered) - by - Ratys - LINK
  • Component Factory - by - Wildcard82 - LINK
  • Extended Storage - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • AnimalHideWorking - by - ItchyFlea - LINK

CHANGELOG:

• 13. Date: 02-06-2016 - Pack version v9.1 - Changed the assembly of CombatRealism to fix an issue with the automatic turrets (they were not firing anymore).
  • 12. Date: 01-06-2016 - Pack version v9 - Updated Hospitality mod to v1.13b and VeinMiner. Re-enabled ED-Autoloader. Made a few changes to the assemblies of LT_NoCleaningPlease and CombatRealism to try and fix some of the reported errors. Added the Extended Storage mod. Might require a new colony to play! Make sure you read the "IMPORTANT" section!
  • 11. Date: 24-05-2016 - Pack version v8 - Updated Hospitality mod to v1.13 (now has CR compatibility) and the KNOWN ISSUES section; disabled DarknessRevamp and AreaUnlocker mods to prevent some reported issues - if you want/need them, do enable them again(check the mods' list for ordering)!; added the AnimalHideWorking mod, and the CombatRealism patch for ED-Shields.
  • 10. Date: 20-05-2016 - Pack version v7.1 - Updated CCL to version 0.13.2.1. This will get rid of the bug with loading saved games!
  • 9. Date: 19-05-2016 - Pack version v7 - Updated CCL to v0.13.2; updated CR to v1.6.51. Added more mods: LT_Soiling, DarknessRevamp(brighter)+more lights addon, More Traits. Updated the KNOWN ISSUES section.
  • 1. Initial release

My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

szemburger

I found only a single problem with this modpack. It looks nice and all but in the main menu there are no usable button other than Tynan's links. Can you look into it please?

crusader2010

Quote from: szemburger on May 03, 2016, 02:28:34 PM
I found only a single problem with this modpack. It looks nice and all but in the main menu there are no usable button other than Tynan's links. Can you look into it please?

Unfortunately I could not reproduce the issue. Just created a new "test" Rimworld for the mods (new folders and everything).

1. Entered the game;
2. Went to the Mods menu;
3. Mods were not loaded; pressed Close;
4. Quit the game;
5. Copied the "ModsConfig.xml" from the archive to the "%appdata%\....\Rimworld\Config" folder once again (the existing one had only the Core mod in it);
6. Reentered the game; all buttons were present and all mods were loaded properly.

If I remember correctly from some very old alpha versions, the disappearing menu buttons could be related to the localization (are you using the game in another language than English?). Try restarting the game, copying the ModsConfig.xml again, and try to change the Language to English.

In the "Prefs.xml" file (from %appdata%\...) there is a line:  <langFolderName>English</langFolderName>
I think this is how you change the language (not sure though).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

skullywag

You cant post a modpack and ask for permission after, why does everyone get this wrong.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

StinkyFinger91

I really don't understand why you need to ask for permissions if you aren't gaining anything monetarily. Is someone acknowledging that you created a mod THAT important to you? If that's the way it is, so be it but this is getting ridiculous. Either take it down IMMEDIATELY and stop causing drama in the forums, or change the rules.

- A frustrated Rimworld fan.

skullywag

Quote from: StinkyFinger91 on May 03, 2016, 03:40:43 PM
I really don't understand why you need to ask for permissions if you aren't gaining anything monetarily. Is someone acknowledging that you created a mod THAT important to you? If that's the way it is, so be it but this is getting ridiculous. Either take it down IMMEDIATELY and stop causing drama in the forums, or change the rules.

- A frustrated Rimworld fan.

Because thats the terms on my forum threads containing the things I have created, and those are there due to people in the past doing silly things. Im not saying I would say no just that those are my terms and i expect them to be abided by. Theres no drama here.

And on the point of recognition, I mod for myself and because I enjoy it, nothing more.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Simply put, because it's part of the rules for releasing modpacks.

Quote from: Mod release rules4. If you release a modpack, you must fully credit the authors of all mods included in the pack. You must present a list of all included mods, each tagged with the names of the author(s), and with a direct link to the original mod's release page. You must abide by the license restrictions of the respective mods.

CCL is released under the unlicense so it doesn't specifically need credit based on that.  However, the forum rules still state that the mods used must be credited.

Other than that, the release notes for CCL recommending not including CCL directly but linking to it for modpacks.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.