[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim_NZ

Has a mod been added between version 7.1 and 7.1.7 of the pack that affect AI pathfinding? I find raiders just attack doors now instead of pathing around them.

robbie77

Would it be possible for me to play without Combat Realism? And how would I do that ?

JamieH

I had to disable the "Area Unlocker" mod to be able to load this mod on my Mac, otherwise the game wouldn't load properly and would just keep drawing the frames on top of each other without clearing the screen resulting in a bright image but unplayable game.

vteam

hi, I would like to play with different modpacks but I don't understand how to do it. In your first post, you mentioned that need to start a game from another save folder but I'm not sure I understand how to do it. Do I edit the game?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: vteam on May 22, 2016, 01:40:09 AM
hi, I would like to play with different modpacks but I don't understand how to do it. In your first post, you mentioned that need to start a game from another save folder but I'm not sure I understand how to do it. Do I edit the game?

Do you mean you would like to play with different modpacks and leave them all set up on your computer at the same time, so you can just choose which to play?

If so, here is how I do this for Windows, Mac and Linux may be different:
Have a main folder for each "setup" you want to have.
examples:
C:\Rimworld\Vanilla
C:\Rimworld\ModPack1

Install (copy) your downloaded Rimworld files into each of those folders. Yes, that means you will have all the game files multiple times. A full set for each setup you'll have.

I would recommend within each of those folders to have another folder for your save/config data.
examples for both vanilla and one modpack setup:
C:\Rimworld
        \Vanilla
              \RimWorld1135Win
              \VanillaSaveConfig
C:\Rimworld
        \ModPack1
              \RimWorld1135Win
              \ModPack1SaveConfig
*repeat above pattern for each setup

After that, for each setup:
1. You'll need to go to the rimworld1135win folder in each area, and right click on the rimworld1135win.exe file and click copy. Go out to you desktop and paste a shortcut to that exe (right click an empty spot on desktop and click 'paste shortcut')
2. Right click on that newly made shortcut and select 'properties'
3. In the Target box: add this to the end of what is already in there (with a space between):   -savedatafolder="C:\Rimworld\ModPack1\ModPack1SaveConfig"  (you will need to change this depending on your locations and folder names)
4. Depending on your folder names you may need to put everything that was in the target box inside quotes before tacking on the new info from line 3 above. This is usually only necessary if there is a space in any of folder names.
5. Hit 'OK' to close that dialog window. I would also recommend right clicking on that shortcut and renaming it something appropriate. i.e. Rimworld VanillaA13, RimworldA13Modpack1, or something similar.
6. Launch Game. Go into mods menu. Go back to main menu. Exit game.
7. Add the mods to the correct folder within each setup area (or skip for a vanilla setup)
example location: C:\Rimworld\ModPack1\RimWorld1135Win\Mods
8. repeat 1-7 for each setup you have.
9. When placing a modsconfig.xml file that a modpack may tell you, that will now be within a folder in your C:\Rimworld\ModPack1\ModPack1SaveConfig\Config folder (Step 6 will have created this folder and two others, the Saves and Worlds folders)

Think that should be everything, going from memory, so hope I haven't left anything out. It is a bit of an advanced setup, and if you are unfamiliar with doing anything like this, I'd strongly recommend just getting a modpack up and running first. If you have done that successfully than hopefully this post will help!

vteam

Thanks for the detailed explanation BlackSmokeDMax.  ;D

silverskin

Which mod adds these thousands of new guns, and can I safely remove it without breaking other mods? I will never, ever use even a quarter of those guns. And it's just cluttering the gun and bullet lists.

I'm sure some people like it and that's fine but I'm finding it more like unnecessary clutter.

crusader2010

Quote from: silverskin on May 22, 2016, 10:32:09 AM
Which mod adds these thousands of new guns, and can I safely remove it without breaking other mods? I will never, ever use even a quarter of those guns. And it's just cluttering the gun and bullet lists.

I'm sure some people like it and that's fine but I'm finding it more like unnecessary clutter.

There are several actually... Westernization, Rimfire, High caliber. Hopefully I'm not forgetting any. Disable them one by one and see which is actually cluttering your list :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

silverskin

Thanks. I'll probably disable all three of them.

Update: Took off westernisation and high calibre and now my save won't work. Going to have to start a new colony. Just a heads up for anyone else who wants to try the same.

crusader2010

"Hospitality" just received an update to v1.13. Make sure you guys grab it (make sure you don't just overwrite the mod's folder, but delete it first and then extract the archive). I'll update the mod pack when I get some free time.

Hopefully it'll fix the issues regarding visitors dropping loot that they cannot carry.

Fridolin

For the first, good compilation.

Only disabled darkness revamp(i can't play with them, notg on the smart notebook..:( ) and added my fav mod : capsule reactor and doormats (under edb modorder), medical training, muffalo overhaul+ packs, rw_follow me and Zengarden( at the end of the list).

and thanks for die update info

xRg

Good day!

I found a bug with CombatRealism, some guns can't shoot,  always reload.
It is possible to safety remove CombatRealism, or not?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

crusader2010

It's probably not from CR but maybe from the mod that adds those weapons. Also check if you have configured the loadouts properly, the types of ammo, as well as actually having ammo to use. This issue has been posted several times before; look through the pages and you'll likely find something useful. Getting rid of CR implies also removing every mod built to run for it, as well as the patches to several of the mods.

Related to the visitors, it might be because of the Hospitality mod. Make sure you update it (see my post from above)

deadspark

problem with mega download, zip file is empty! i tryed clearing my cash but no help

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: vteam on May 22, 2016, 08:59:23 AM
Thanks for the detailed explanation BlackSmokeDMax.  ;D

Welcome! If you see any errors in that post (or anyone else does), let me know and I'll update it just in case someone else tries to use it.