[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 10, 2016, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: knainoa on May 10, 2016, 04:45:00 PM
have you considered adding oceanmod (the one that adds an open ocean biome)? it could be a cool challenge

I'm not sure it's compatible with BiomeSpawnTweak and MapGenerator (if I remember correctly it isn't). But you can disable those two and add the one for an ocean biome, if you enjoy it :)

It is compatible with Biome Spawn Tweak as long as Ocean Mod is loaded after Spawn Tweak. I should have actually removed that part of the code to make sure it worked without having to worry about mod load order but I forgot to do that. I might have to do an update to fix that issue later.

crusader2010

Nice! I am going to add it and play a bit when I get some free time. Thanks folks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Jaszczur

Would be glad to see a changelog in first post with DATES which will tell whether I'm using the newest version of this modpack ;).

crusader2010

Quote from: Jaszczur on May 11, 2016, 02:29:45 AM
Would be glad to see a changelog in first post with DATES which will tell whether I'm using the newest version of this modpack ;).

There is sort of a change log at the end of the first post, in the Edits section. But you are right, dates are needed. Latest version is v5, added yesterday (just check the zip file).

PS: check now :)

Killazer

Alright, I'm having a weird problem since the modpack update. My colonist can't seem to make any progress with cleaning blood, rock rubble etc. They just clean one spot for eternity, and never finish up with it. Any ideas where the problem might be?

crusader2010

Quote from: Killazer on May 11, 2016, 03:45:33 AM
Alright, I'm having a weird problem since the modpack update. My colonist can't seem to make any progress with cleaning blood, rock rubble etc. They just clean one spot for eternity, and never finish up with it. Any ideas where the problem might be?

It's been reported a few times before but i cannot reproduce it no matter what I do. There is a paragraph about this in the KnownIssues section in the first post too. Those are the only ideas that come to mind. The closest i've come is to not have the cleaning area buttons show in the Orders tab, but colonists did not have any issues with cleaning.

Killazer

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 11, 2016, 03:49:34 AM
Quote from: Killazer on May 11, 2016, 03:45:33 AM

It's been reported a few times before but i cannot reproduce it no matter what I do. There is a paragraph about this in the KnownIssues section in the first post too. Those are the only ideas that come to mind. The closest i've come is to not have the cleaning area buttons show in the Orders tab, but colonists did not have any issues with cleaning.

Damn... My colony looks like a nun monastery during PMS, without tampons. Mixed with a puke here and there, and it's really eating up my colonists mood.

crusader2010

Try this: exit to main menu. Open mods menu. Move the cleaning mod to the last spot in the list. Close the mods menu. Close the game. Reopen it. Load your saved game and see if cleaning works.

Killazer

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 11, 2016, 04:20:19 AM
Try this: exit to main menu. Open mods menu. Move the cleaning mod to the last spot in the list. Close the mods menu. Close the game. Reopen it. Load your saved game and see if cleaning works.
Nope, does not help. :( I also tried removing the mod completely from the list, but it either does not allow me to load the game, or the cleaning still does not work.

crusader2010

Quote from: Killazer on May 11, 2016, 04:34:38 AM
Nope, does not help. :( I also tried removing the mod completely from the list, but it either does not allow me to load the game, or the cleaning still does not work.

Try doing a full reset, i.e. deleting all the mods and extracting this pack, then copying modsconfig.xml in %appdata%\...\Config. Keep the saved game as it should be compatible. If it still doesn't work, create a new world, a new colony, and test it (designate a very large cleaning area, go to manual priorities, put Cleaning at the highest[1], and see what happens with those colonists). If it still does not work, redo the steps but put the cleaning mod at the bottom of the list.

Killazer

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 11, 2016, 05:48:36 AM
Quote from: Killazer on May 11, 2016, 04:34:38 AM

Try doing a full reset, i.e. deleting all the mods and extracting this pack, then copying modsconfig.xml in %appdata%\...\Config. Keep the saved game as it should be compatible. If it still doesn't work, create a new world, a new colony, and test it (designate a very large cleaning area, go to manual priorities, put Cleaning at the highest[1], and see what happens with those colonists). If it still does not work, redo the steps but put the cleaning mod at the bottom of the list.

Just lost my colony, I'll do something else for a while. I'll return to the issue, when I start up a new colony.

r.Onofre

That same cleaning problem happened to me, colonist would just sit there trying to clean the tile but it never end.

Edit: without the mod the colonists can clean the tile in a new save.
I still don't know if it was really that mod fault but my old save was lost due to the lack of LT's mod

crusader2010

Quote from: r.Onofre on May 11, 2016, 01:37:44 PM
That same cleaning problem happened to me, colonist would just sit there trying to clean the tile but it never end.

Edit: without the mod the colonists can clean the tile in a new save.
I still don't know if it was really that mod fault but my old save was lost due to the lack of LT's mod

Yep, that could really be the issue. It's not always compatible with an old save (at least that's what I read in some older posts). And I think the reason is that in vanilla there is no "Cleaning area", or it's simply the same as the Home Area - and this might have caused issues if you added the mod afterwards since it requires the new area to be put on the map.

I've just tested it in a new game (new Mods folder, new Config folder, used only the mods from the pack's archive), and there were no issues (see attached picture). Did the same test after adding wooden floors everywhere (in god mode), and before and after finishing all the research. The cleaning mod worked fine still.

If anyone happens to get this issue with a new game (while using LT_NoCleaningPlease), then please post everything you may find helpful in identifying what goes wrong, from before being unable to clean (i.e. storyteller, difficulty, biome, type of floor that needed cleaning, last few researches done, type of rubble the colonists got stuck on, etc). Any dev console errors related to cleaning will be also useful.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

r.Onofre

For who is reading this before downloading: This mod pack is being fun so far! I don't know how to play with combat realism but at least I can learn as I play. On rough difficult its hard for me, and I played on challenge in vanilla before. I really recommend it but beware with that cleaning mod until someone figure out what is causing the bug.
Here is what happened with my first colony: Started with 3 people, pretty average on everything;
Random wanderer joins, she was 60's something with a bad back;
First raid, 1 drop ship on top of my crops, someone got lucky and one shot him and he died;
After building a little more, didn't had research yet and no defenses;
Got raided by 4 dudes with smg and pistols. One original guy from my colony died, someone one shot a raider again and killed him, the others try to run away but I managed to shot one and ended up without bullets. The wanderer who joined died on the way back to the base. One raider died as soon as he's put on a prisoner bed, another one gets berserker and die while fist fighting two people from my colony;
I gave up on them because I know the next raid I'm going to die anyway.
Gonna start a new one and learn from my previous mistakes.
10/10 would give up in 30 minutes again.

crusader2010

Try building the manned gun complex as soon as you can. It's not optimized for combat realism but really helps with surviving on harder difficulties. For bullets, you need a special crafting table (some are still done at the machining table, e.g. for mortars).