[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: SupremeSoviet on May 19, 2016, 12:12:04 AM
I look forward to when prepare carefully is done and added, cause I simply can't play this without it.  I would also like to suggest you add Glitter Tech to this mod pack.

In the post just above yours, the original poster mentions that he is not including Prepare Carefully in this modpack.

crusader2010

Quote from: SupremeSoviet on May 19, 2016, 12:12:04 AM
I look forward to when prepare carefully is done and added, cause I simply can't play this without it.  I would also like to suggest you add Glitter Tech to this mod pack.

You are free to add yourself if you want. But from what I read there are incompatibilities with some mods (i think Hospitality).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Rekxar

I did some testing with the issue where items get dropped when you trade. The caravans and random passerbys are absolutely fine. I believe it's the hospitality guests which you can trade with that actually consider their inventory so if they're overburdened they actually drop most of the stuff you sell to them or if they come into the map with too many items on them. Potentially exploitable I guess

crusader2010

Yep, it's an incompatibilty between Hospitality and CR. Most likely the active modders are working on it.

Rekxar

Also the cleaning bug you mentioned, it seems that the issue is specifically with rock rubble. None of the colonists are able to clean that up and indefinitely stand there attempting to. So it's not an issue with the cell but rather specifically that type of dirt. Not sure what it's caused by though

crusader2010

Quote from: Rekxar on May 19, 2016, 10:44:27 AM
Also the cleaning bug you mentioned, it seems that the issue is specifically with rock rubble. None of the colonists are able to clean that up and indefinitely stand there attempting to. So it's not an issue with the cell but rather specifically that type of dirt. Not sure what it's caused by though

You should probably take a look in that mod's thread and let the people who are still maintaining it know about this :) there should be some github links and such.

QuoteI did some testing with the issue where items get dropped when you trade. The caravans and random passerbys are absolutely fine. I believe it's the hospitality guests which you can trade with that actually consider their inventory so if they're overburdened they actually drop most of the stuff you sell to them or if they come into the map with too many items on them. Potentially exploitable I guess

The thing is I don't think I got any of these caravan-less traders lately. Those that have muffalos are ok because the beasts can carry any amount of loot (and I love it when they die after being struck by lightning and dropping everything ;D )

crusader2010

Updated main thread: see CHANGELOG 9 for details. Basically made a few updates and added 3 new mods.

I'm currently playing this exact version of the pack and everything seems ok (after a few games in god mode, and during this non-cheating one). If you do not like the Darkness Revamp(Slightly Brighter) mod, you are free to disable it!

NemesisN

is this modpack stable does it work ? or should I wait for couple of more updates
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

crusader2010

This pack is very stable (i'm playing it all the time) :) try it for yourself and see.

Rekxar

Yeah as far as stability goes, I've logged in more than 24 hours in a single game without any hitches besides the small minor bugs that are to be expected anyway.

Is the new pack compatible with saves of the previous version?

crusader2010

Quote from: Rekxar on May 19, 2016, 06:34:14 PM
Yeah as far as stability goes, I've logged in more than 24 hours in a single game without any hitches besides the small minor bugs that are to be expected anyway.

Is the new pack compatible with saves of the previous version?

It should be compatible (even after removing only the Darkness Revamp mod for example). If you cannot load the saved game, simply edit that file and add the missing mods (compare your ModsConfig.xml with your saved game, and change its mod list to be identical to the former).

I did have an issue though, that I could not load any saved game (not even from newly started games). Only solution for this was to come back to CCL 0.13.1.1 instead of 0.13.2, i.e. the saved game loaded just fine when I reverted to the older version. Must be some bug... :)

Make sure you take this into account!

EDIT: it seems CCL got an update to v0.13.2.1; it should fix the save/load issue.

sjclark

I've downloaded a bunch of times and every time I get multiple extraction errors? (see attached image)

Any ideas?

crusader2010

Quote from: sjclark on May 20, 2016, 12:33:12 AM
I've downloaded a bunch of times and every time I get multiple extraction errors? (see attached image)

Any ideas?

Haven't even touched that mod. Make sure you are using 7zip and not Winrar when extracting. I'll reupload it tonight when I get home just to be sure...and update the CCL :)

Clibanarius

Outta curiosity, why the lack of either Misc-Training or ItchyFlea's Target Practice mods? Training is a good idea to have in the game!

crusader2010

Quote from: Clibanarius on May 20, 2016, 01:37:02 AM
Outta curiosity, why the lack of either Misc-Training or ItchyFlea's Target Practice mods? Training is a good idea to have in the game!

They aren't working properly with some of the weapons due to CR. Plus, I believe a training dummy should have infinite life thus be unable to die. I don't think this is the case with either of the mods. I prefer to train on wildlife ;) Add them if you want but expect a strange behavior in certain cases.