[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clibanarius

A conflict with CR makes sense, and is the perfect explanation. Thanks!

sjclark

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 20, 2016, 01:07:03 AM
Quote from: sjclark on May 20, 2016, 12:33:12 AM
I've downloaded a bunch of times and every time I get multiple extraction errors? (see attached image)

Any ideas?

Haven't even touched that mod. Make sure you are using 7zip and not Winrar when extracting. I'll reupload it tonight when I get home just to be sure...and update the CCL :)

Don't think theres 7zip for mac - I'm using The Unarchiver which I've never had a problem with (does every format imaginable). I get a bucketload of errors after extracting about 70% of the 7zip file.

Let me know when you've re-uploaded and i'll check?

crusader2010

QuoteDon't think theres 7zip for mac - I'm using The Unarchiver which I've never had a problem with (does every format imaginable). I get a bucketload of errors after extracting about 70% of the 7zip file.

Let me know when you've re-uploaded and i'll check?

It could be the fact that I used a special compression to make the archive, as well as large dictionary sizes and such. Otherwise it would've occupied  about twice as much and the download time would've been too large for certain people.

Is there an winrar version for mac? Probably the best would be to try getting 7zX (or Keka) so you don't have to wait for me(it's around 10AM here so it's gonna take a while until I get home). Though I feel it has something to do with the .wav files, like some disk access/modify rights, or something is simply incompatible with MacOS.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Fridolin

Hey crusader2010 ,
all in one, nice work.

One thing , english is not my native language.  8)

I know i need some "first steps" help with this mod pack. 

The improvised turrets have been disabled by a mod? More Vanilla Turrets and Combat Realism Defence perhaps ? As I found in the topic nothing about .

What steps are needed to explore / build a first line of defense ?

aGuyNamdJesus

So great pack, but I'm having an issue. I can't load any of my saves after saving or auto saves. So I played all last night and now I can't load my colony anymore.

crusader2010

Updated the pack to version v7.1; see changelog 10 for details. This will get rid of the bug with loading saved games!!

@sjclark:  the archive seems to be fine. I've extracted it with 3 archiving programs and there were no errors with anything. There must be something related to MacOS that is conflicting with the archive. Please try using 7zX or Keka and let me know if it works.

@fridolin:

There should be a research option called "Military grade turrets".
This will give you access to one automatic turret and a machine gun that can be manned(this one does not require power to operate!) -> these were added by the mod "More vanilla turrets" and are not compatible with CombatRealism, but they do work. More turrets may be unlocked by research.

The "Improvised Turret" (and several others) can be crafted at the Machining Table, after you do quite a bit of research -> these are CombatRealism compatible.

Also, do use embrasures as they will help you quite a bit! Enjoy! :D

Fridolin

Ahh thanks for the fast reply!   :)

That helps me alot.

Oh an update, is a new game necessary?

crusader2010

Quote from: Fridolin on May 20, 2016, 12:10:01 PM
Ahh thanks for the fast reply!   :)

That helps me alot.

Oh an update, is a new game necessary?

No. You can now safely load the previous saved games (there was a bug with CCL which prevented that).

EDIT: no need to re-download the whole pack. You can just get the new CCL version (0.13.2.1) from that mod's page and overwrite the corresponding folders. I simply wanted to keep the pack up to date :)

Rekxar

How can you use the reinforced stuff now btw if the ED - Autoloader doesn't work? Or does the compressor work with normal hoppers but just gives the message they're not connected anyway?

Also do you intend to add Quantum Storage or any other storage mod to the pack? Using it myself in addition as well as the Misc Robots. Find it annoying without all the extra storage space.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Rekxar on May 20, 2016, 04:18:55 PM
How can you use the reinforced stuff now btw if the ED - Autoloader doesn't work? Or does the compressor work with normal hoppers but just gives the message they're not connected anyway?
Reinforced stuff will also just take things from the ground that are next to it. The Autoloader is just a nice neat way to manage it.

crusader2010

Quote from: Rekxar on May 20, 2016, 04:18:55 PM

That I haven't tested unfortunately. If it doesn't work with the normal hoppers, re-enable the Autoloader mod and use that one.

sjclark

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 20, 2016, 11:40:59 AM
Updated the pack to version v7.1; see changelog 10 for details. This will get rid of the bug with loading saved games!!

@sjclark:  the archive seems to be fine. I've extracted it with 3 archiving programs and there were no errors with anything. There must be something related to MacOS that is conflicting with the archive. Please try using 7zX or Keka and let me know if it works.

Can confirm that it works with Keka on MacOS El Capitan - might be worth updating the original post to recommend this. Nearly everyone I know on a Mac uses The Unarchiver. Thanks again! :)

Well works in terms of me being able to extract everything.... but having massive problems with graphics corruption, thousands of mod errors, all sorts. From what i'd read I was of the understanding that this modpack should theoretically work straight out of the box (so to speak?) or am I wrong. Even when I only active the mods I want (10-15ish) it still crashes? Is it worth me posting my logs?

http://i.imgur.com/DxuuGzN.png

EDIT: So it turns out virtually all of the mods include DLL files that macs can't understand - have you had a single confirmed user of this pack on a Mac - it seems highly unlikely?

Rekxar

Made an edit to my previous post right after I posted it but for some reason forgot to press send.

Will you be adding Quantum Storage or any other storage mod to the pack?

I tested the regular hoppers with the Compressor, they did work minus a small hitch. When I put down a 2nd hopper next to it with a different resource (in this case granite in the first, plasteel in the second) the colonists would bug out and try to take the plasteel there, then drop it, stand around for a few secs and then try again. Would also generate a massive amount of stutter and frame drop. Fixed it by removing the 2nd hopper, however had the same hitch when I removed the granite from the first one and told them to do plasteel but that got resolved very quickly by prioritising the colonists to remove the granite first then haul the plasteel there

silverskin

Reckon you could add jacob814's glass window mod, crusader?

My colonist are depressed enough as it is, spending 14 hours a day crafting junk. They could at least have a window to look out of while they do it.
It's good for aesthetics. And his mod has become pretty much essential to every colony I make. You might nerf the beauty bonus, though.

crusader2010

@sjclark: no one told me anything about MacOS until now. And there should be many errors because .dll files are windows-only(as far as I know). No idea how to install mods for Mac and that's something I cannot test. Best recommendation I can give is to create a windows virtual machine and should work fine (though you may need to give it lots of resources).

@rekxar: probably you should let the author of the mod know about the hopper bugs (it seems to be related to the compressor building). He knows about the Autoloader issues. Also try reactivating this mod and using those hoppers in the same conditions.

@silverskin: will look into it :) if you like that mod, add it at the end of the list and make your colonists happy! PS: don't forget to build horseshoe sticks in each of their rooms, your kitchen, even your crafting area, and one outside, near the entrance.