[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reflexial

Quote from: jay_rab on May 04, 2016, 05:11:40 AM
"4. If you release a modpack, you must fully credit the authors of all mods included in the pack. You must present a list of all included mods, each tagged with the names of the author(s), and with a direct link to the original mod's release page. You must abide by the license restrictions of the respective mods."

This thread shouldnt of been made in the first place... Its clear the thread owner didnt care about following rules or about the feelings of the modders. Thats the issue with modpacks... the people behind them use little to no effort and just spit on the faces of those who make the modding community great, its really time to stop allowing modpacks all together as its clear they are not abiding by rules and only cause conflict in this community.

You're a dickhead mate.  Putting packs together like this takes a lot of work.  And, it doesn't reflect badly on the individual mod makers in any way.

SO tired of the whiny self entitled pricks in mod scenes today.  I wish we could go back to the days of old when nobody cared who stole from anyone, because nobody is making money, and it's all about creativity and having fun.

I don't know what wave of children spawned this type of drama bullshit and selfishness, but I'm going to assume Minecraft modders with no prior modding culture.

magik20

anyone else having issues getting pawns to clean?

ive tried deleting and re-adding the cleaning zone a dozen times, at best they will clean a small area but no where near the area they should.

Is this tied to a specific mod I can chase down?

crusader2010

Quote from: magik20 on May 31, 2016, 12:14:20 AM
anyone else having issues getting pawns to clean?

ive tried deleting and re-adding the cleaning zone a dozen times, at best they will clean a small area but no where near the area they should.

Is this tied to a specific mod I can chase down?

It's a known issue that sometimes occurs with LT-NoCleaningPlease. Please read the first post
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Exabit

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 30, 2016, 02:47:04 PM
Quote from: Exabit on May 30, 2016, 12:36:03 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 30, 2016, 11:28:55 AM
QuoteAny idea how to make the Mending mod work? End of the load order, my colonists drop to the planet and stand forever. Near beginning, and it spawned mending tables everywhere there was a block. Not exactly advanced with troubleshooting mods.

If you have all those extra mods from above together with this pack, then something will surely conflict with Mending. I'm surprised you could add so many while still having everything in working order (to be honest, probably a lot of them are not, but it may be hard to find out if the incompatibilities are minor or well hidden). Try adding Mending after the last of the mods that deals with apparel, and before Combat Realism. Some further reordering might be required which I do advise against though... or simply try it without those extra mods (i.e. just use this pack as-is, with Mending before CombatRealism). Cannot make any promises of it working (roughly 90% it won't).

I surely haven't gone as overboard with my extra mods as the posted I quoted, though I do have 3-4 of them. Nothing created new errors at the end of the load order, so I'd deem it safe. :P Anywho, just loaded Mending directly before CR Core and got the standing issue again. Full error in attachment.

Edit: For information's sake, the mods I mentioned at the end of the load order are "Practise Target," "Pawn State Icons," "HaulIT," "Faster Sleeping Sickness Immunity," "ED-Personal Nano Shields," "ED-Personal Animal Shields," "Latta's A Dog Said," and "EdB Prepare Carefully."

From what I remember, "Prepare carefully" might be incompatible with some of the mods from this pack and probably with CR as well. Remove that and maybe "Pawn state icons" and try again. Also, move the EnhancedDevelopment mods to their "group" (i.e. after the other ED mods from the pack) just to be safe. Hopefully everything is ok with the rest of the mods you added (not sure but HaulIT could cause some issues too...).

Just started a new colony minus the two ED mods with Mending just before CR Core in the load order. No blocks have been replaced by mending tables, and no errors have been logged nor is anyone standing around. Thanks for the help and patience, crusader.

BTW, the military grade turret spams the error "TraverseParms for null pawn". It may have tanked my performance on my last colony as the only speed I could play on with over 20 FPS was 1. Though, I did have 4-5 of them. More of a nuisance than anything if that isn't the case, as it triggers the auto-open.

Undecided

Quote from: Exabit on May 31, 2016, 09:25:09 AM
BTW, the military grade turret spams the error "TraverseParms for null pawn". It may have tanked my performance on my last colony as the only speed I could play on with over 20 FPS was 1. Though, I did have 4-5 of them. More of a nuisance than anything if that isn't the case, as it triggers the auto-open.

AFAIK all auto-targeting turrets (e.g., those that don't require pawns manning it to operate) cause that error every single tick. An easy work around is to make all your automatic turrets tied into a power grid with a power switch, so you can swiftly turn them off (and disable the errors/slowdown) when combat ends.

Unrelated question, but Crusader, since you seem knowledgeable about CR: What's the most effective way to train shooting in this modpack? Do semi-auto sniper weapons train more power shot, or are rapid fire weapons the best method of training? And is it only some of the turrets that don't increase shooting skill, or are they all useless for training?

Also, you sure about the furniture bonuses apply to guest beds? There's no line drawn from the furniture during placement to indicate it's receiving a bonus (as it does for normal beds), and inspecting them in detail doesn't show any increase in rest effectiveness. Maybe you're confusing the rest effectiveness bonus from higher quality bed construction with the furniture?

crusader2010

Quote from: Undecided on May 31, 2016, 11:47:15 AM
Quote from: Exabit on May 31, 2016, 09:25:09 AM

AFAIK all auto-targeting turrets (e.g., those that don't require pawns manning it to operate) cause that error every single tick. An easy work around is to make all your automatic turrets tied into a power grid with a power switch, so you can swiftly turn them off (and disable the errors/slowdown) when combat ends.

Unrelated question, but Crusader, since you seem knowledgeable about CR: What's the most effective way to train shooting in this modpack? Do semi-auto sniper weapons train more power shot, or are rapid fire weapons the best method of training? And is it only some of the turrets that don't increase shooting skill, or are they all useless for training?

Hm, hard questions actually. I usually train on the wildlife or none at all. There are some mods (that I think are compatible) which help with this by giving you the option to build training dummies for example. What I don't like though, is the fact that they don't have infinite health and you must keep on rebuilding them (and some weapons destroy them in one shot I think). About which weapons are better, I have no idea :D not sure if everything is normalized either (i.e. same skill growth with all types of weapons, regardless of fire rate and such), or if a "burst shot" counts as one sniper bullet for example; if not, then it's probably better to get automatic weapons :)

I believe this is a question for the CR thread, in the hopes that someone is knowledgeable enough to answer it.

crusader2010

Is there anyone else willing to help me test a modified .dll for LT_NoCleaningPlease?
I've been talking with magik20 and tested one of his saved games in which colonists got stuck while cleaning. After replacing the mod's dll with this one, they started cleaning properly again.

The link is: HERE

All you have to do is this:

1. Open Rimworld and a saved game in which you have the cleaning bug. Confirm that the bug is still in effect!
2. Quit Rimworld.
3. Go to the folder "\Mods\LT_NoCleaningPlease-0.13.0.1\Assemblies", and move the .dll from there to a safe location. This is the original "NoCleaningPlease.dll" library of the mod, so keep it safe.
4. Copy my .dll in the same folder (make sure it's the only .dll file in there).
5. Open up Rimworld and the saved game, make sure you have cleaning areas properly set up, draft and undraft your colonists while the game is not paused.
6. Order one colonist (that is able) to clean something from within the cleaning area and see if he still gets stuck.
7. If you still have the bug, delete my .dll and put back the original - and reply here :)

Let me know how it goes please!

magik20

Anyone know why my silver doesnt show up when I trade with passing ships?

http://i.imgur.com/6XZSCgL.jpg

joaonunes

Quote from: magik20 on May 31, 2016, 03:28:27 PM

do you have silver in range of an Orbital Trade Beacon?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

BlackSmokeDMax

Is it within the radius of an orbital trade beacon? Unlike the ground traders, everything (including your money) needs to be under the limits of a beacon to use in trade.

If yes, was it originally within a beacon, and you later made a wall which blocked the trade beacon's effect? Believe that behavior was new in A13.

Undecided

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 31, 2016, 01:13:39 PM
Is there anyone else willing to help me test a modified .dll for LT_NoCleaningPlease?
I've been talking with magik20 and tested one of his saved games in which colonists got stuck while cleaning. After replacing the mod's dll with this one, they started cleaning properly again.

1. Open Rimworld and a saved game in which you have the cleaning bug. Confirm that the bug is still in effect!
2. Quit Rimworld.
3. Go to the folder "\Mods\LT_NoCleaningPlease-0.13.0.1\Assemblies", and move the .dll from there to a safe location. This is the original "NoCleaningPlease.dll" library of the mod, so keep it safe.
4. Copy my .dll in the same folder (make sure it's the only .dll file in there).
5. Open up Rimworld and the saved game, make sure you have cleaning areas properly set up, draft and undraft your colonists while the game is not paused.
6. Order one colonist (that is able) to clean something from within the cleaning area and see if he still gets stuck.
7. If you still have the bug, delete my .dll and put back the original - and reply here :)

Is there actually a need for the no-clean mod? I mean, now that you can manually create as many restriction areas as you want, the only difference between the "home" area and all the others is that pawns auto-clean the home area. So in vanilla rimworld, the "designate home area" does the exact same thing as "designate cleaning area" for this mod.

Just use custom areas to designate restrictions for pawn movement, and use your home area to dictate where they're allowed to clean.

magik20

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 31, 2016, 03:48:31 PM

perfect, worked!  thanks!

Is it within the radius of an orbital trade beacon? Unlike the ground traders, everything (including your money) needs to be under the limits of a beacon to use in trade.

If yes, was it originally within a beacon, and you later made a wall which blocked the trade beacon's effect? Believe that behavior was new in A13.

crusader2010

Quote from: Undecided on May 31, 2016, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 31, 2016, 01:13:39 PM

2. Quit Rimworld.

Is there actually a need for the no-clean mod? I mean, now that you can manually create as many restriction areas as you want, the only difference between the "home" area and all the others is that pawns auto-clean the home area. So in vanilla rimworld, the "designate home area" does the exact same thing as "designate cleaning area" for this mod.

Just use custom areas to designate restrictions for pawn movement, and use your home area to dictate where they're allowed to clean.

Why restrict the movement of colonists by having to create dozens of areas, when you can just restrict the cleaning area? The home area allows for fighting fires too, which you may not want to totally overlap with cleaning. Also, there is a hard limit for the number of areas you can have (and it's not a lot).

So, yes, there is a great need for this cleaning mod. Probably in the next few days i'll update the pack with some stuff, as well as this change that seems to have fixed the issues. Hopefully more people willing to test will appear :)

Oga88

nice pack... but you should add some stockpile mods to it.

cakeonslaught

Hi guys,

I'm getting a crash related to the railgun. My game freezes when it attempts to generate some event, probably a raid, and i get the following error in my log file:

Railgun (normal) burst fire shot count is same or higher than auto fire

I've found the .xml's for the railgun in two mods, one is misc_patch_core_combatrealism and the other is Miscellaneous_Core. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.