dev mode missing siblings

Started by Dragoon, May 03, 2016, 04:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

I tried to use dev mode but It does not have siblings in it for some reason.  littererly it's the only one not there, Yes I tested without any mods on.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Nathan2000

I'm fairly sure that that isn't a bug. He made it like that because two people with separate last names aren't actually brothers.

Dragoon

Quote from: Nathan2000 on May 03, 2016, 06:21:42 PM
I'm fairly sure that that isn't a bug. He made it like that because two people with separate last names aren't actually brothers.

Why though? You could use this to have 2 different parents with 2 different last names that don't match. Long lost siblings are a thing they would have different names. One child could take their mothers maiden name while the second could have the dads. Then they would have different last names.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Nathan2000

Quote from: Dragoon on May 03, 2016, 07:11:34 PM
Quote from: Nathan2000 on May 03, 2016, 06:21:42 PM

Why though? You could use this to have 2 different parents with 2 different last names that don't match. Long lost siblings are a thing they would have different names. One child could take their mothers maiden name while the second could have the dads. Then they would have different last names.

The reason it's like that is because the second you load your game every colonist already has 2 parents. Turn dev mode on and go to social and checkmark see all relationships. There you should see the rightful parents. The reason it isn't an option is because they already have proper parents.

Tynan

Sibling is and implied relation, not a direct one. If you want siblings you have to spawn some parents for the two pawns to share and then set up all the relations.

So it's not a bug. Also anything in dev mode shouldn't go in this forum; we don't debug dev tools this way thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog