Previous topic - Next topic

Poll is over

Poll is over
Poll is over
Poll is over
Poll is over
Poll is over

blazecreek

well as it said in the subject. i am learning C# and i need an idea as i can't think of something that people besides might like. any ideas will be worked on no matter how dumb :D

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dragoduval

Giving bionics arme an intégrales weapon ?
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

blazecreek

what about if i use the weapon the mech's use?

qu'en est-il l'arme utilisation du mech ?

viperwasp

Please don't just work on any silly idea. lol  But if you want a suggestion that you may think about. Only work on it if you really want to and think it could be useful. I don't think it exists yet at least not for A13. But I have not checked ALL mods.

But my request/idea would be exclusive forbidding of door!  A check list of what colonists may or may not open a given door! It can be different for every door kind of like ownership of beds but you can choose any amount of colonists to give/forbid access. When locked to a given colonist it would behave exactly like the already existing forbid feature. But exclusive to one or more colonists. And maybe allow for ALL PETS forbidden as a check mark or even individual pets but for clutter purposes I think individual colonists with a forbid all pets option to toggle on or off would be appropriate enough.

I can already think of multiple uses. You can already re-create this using Areas feature. But area manipulation is limited to five without mods and you would have to keep switching colonists and editing the area. When it would be easier to just have this mod. 
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Jakub k.

here it is...

the ability to ride animals

do it! :P

blazecreek

Quote from: viperwasp on May 04, 2016, 09:21:53 AM
Please don't just work on any silly idea. lol  But if you want a suggestion that you may think about. Only work on it if you really want to and think it could be useful. I don't think it exists yet at least not for A13. But I have not checked ALL mods.

But my request/idea would be exclusive forbidding of door!  A check list of what colonists may or may not open a given door! It can be different for every door kind of like ownership of beds but you can choose any amount of colonists to give/forbid access. When locked to a given colonist it would behave exactly like the already existing forbid feature. But exclusive to one or more colonists. And maybe allow for ALL PETS forbidden as a check mark or even individual pets but for clutter purposes I think individual colonists with a forbid all pets option to toggle on or off would be appropriate enough.

I can already think of multiple uses. You can already re-create this using Areas feature. But area manipulation is limited to five without mods and you would have to keep switching colonists and editing the area. When it would be easier to just have this mod.

i will for sure try and make it. i do love this idea as well. thanks for the great idea!

viperwasp

Good luck and god-speed! I am a hobby programmer with no actual training. So even a mod of this level is a light year beyond me. Modders are amazing and thanks for giving it a go.
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

blazecreek

Quote from: viperwasp on May 04, 2016, 11:19:45 AM
Good luck and god-speed! I am a hobby programmer with no actual training. So even a mod of this level is a light year beyond me. Modders are amazing and thanks for giving it a go.

thanks for the good luck :D i have no training besides the fact that i did the scripts for alot of my friends dayz servers so rimworld is quite a scary place ;D ;D

Ixath

Quote from: blazecreek on May 04, 2016, 11:26:13 AM
Quote from: viperwasp on May 04, 2016, 11:19:45 AM

thanks for the good luck :D i have no training besides the fact that i did the scripts for alot of my friends dayz servers so rimworld is quite a scary place ;D ;D

Here is a link to the original post asking for this (I made it yesterday) and it has a few more additional features that might be nice: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19791.0

But, I second this idea =)

Killaim

how about a new singular monster spawn event.

the beast of Caerbannog

it will immidiatly charge at colonists at deadly speed and make them know fear.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Rabbit_of_Caerbannog

i would so love to see this :D

could make the rabbit sprite with alittle blood on its mouth even get the sound effect from its attacks :D

(warning - very gruesome battle with really good blood effects in this video - proceed at your own peril)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

stefanstr

Idea: try to write a new storyteller. E.g., "Lucy Longterm" - a storyteller geared towards people who want to make a colony last 10+ years without having to face tribes of 200+ people attacking them.

viperwasp

Quote from: stefanstr on May 05, 2016, 05:21:59 AM
Idea: try to write a new storyteller. E.g., "Lucy Longterm" - a storyteller geared towards people who want to make a colony last 10+ years without having to face tribes of 200+ people attacking them.

Not a bad idea. However by 10+ yeas 200 or more attackers should be a piece of cake. So either the Story teller would be to easy or would need to do other things to step up the challenge. Like multiple smallers raids back to back or who knows?
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Adamemnon

Ideas? Most of them if not all were definitely already mentioned or already existing mods but I don't have time to read all posts on all forums.

1) craftable robots
- ideally three groups: fighter/hauler/cleaner
- very late game. Either requiring lot of research and resources or new materials (like a "CPU" only dropped by mechanoids)
2) offense/defense upgrades
- turrets that are not over the top. Let's say three types: manned/light/heavy
where light would be quite weak but cheap, manned would be considerably stronger, but colonist shooting from it would be a targeted, heavy - strong, expensive, consuming lot of energy, maybe limited ammo (crates of machine gun ammo)
- animal traps (to capture smaller animals)
- stun weapons (preferably melee)
- remote charges (colonist who set them would have the remote)
3) Storage!!!
- boxes, crates, racks, lockers... to keep clothes and weapons in.
- maybe even some bigger containers for materials.
4) Water/thirst! That is the most important part of survival. Wells, rain collectors, water filters, water tanks. I don't think there should be an action that colonists would need to do (drinking every few hours) but it should work like power. The would be consumption, amount of water stored and production. If you have no production and you run out, colonist would have reduced consciousness, then they start to hallucinate, then die.
5) Fix the damn traders. Either make it possible to invite the kind of trader you want or let them buy/sell more stuff. I never have enough steel and components and if I do, I have not silver to trade with because they never buy my clothes, sculptures or even guns in most cases.
6) Other intelligent species on planet! Not just humans you can recruit. Let's make some other alien being you can talk to trade goods/techs with and potentially add to your colony (after you research how to communicate with them or something like that)

there are tons of good ideas around. The game is fun but it lacks depth. If I don't play on higher difficulty I can start on colony ship during the second year and that is no fun...

Grynnreaper

Make a "mindwipe" mod to use on prisoners and crappy colonists? it could use the medical skill and have a chance at making the "subject" insane, not feel pain and go on a rampage. Or possibly you end up with a potato wearing a synthread shirt lol. Maybe it just re-rolls the traits and such. Now that i think on it, it could not add skills, but could add "passions" (little flame, double big flame next to skills) but you could lose skills and passions. Could also limit the amount of times it could be done to a colonist, before you fry his coconut. insane rampage chance increase exponentially with each treatment. Interesting idea?

blazecreek

Quote from: Adamemnon on May 05, 2016, 10:12:55 AM
Ideas? Most of them if not all were definitely already mentioned or already existing mods but I don't have time to read all posts on all forums.

1) craftable robots
- ideally three groups: fighter/hauler/cleaner
- very late game. Either requiring lot of research and resources or new materials (like a "CPU" only dropped by mechanoids)
2) offense/defense upgrades
- turrets that are not over the top. Let's say three types: manned/light/heavy
where light would be quite weak but cheap, manned would be considerably stronger, but colonist shooting from it would be a targeted, heavy - strong, expensive, consuming lot of energy, maybe limited ammo (crates of machine gun ammo)
- animal traps (to capture smaller animals)
- stun weapons (preferably melee)
- remote charges (colonist who set them would have the remote)
3) Storage!!!
- boxes, crates, racks, lockers... to keep clothes and weapons in.
- maybe even some bigger containers for materials.
4) Water/thirst! That is the most important part of survival. Wells, rain collectors, water filters, water tanks. I don't think there should be an action that colonists would need to do (drinking every few hours) but it should work like power. The would be consumption, amount of water stored and production. If you have no production and you run out, colonist would have reduced consciousness, then they start to hallucinate, then die.
5) Fix the damn traders. Either make it possible to invite the kind of trader you want or let them buy/sell more stuff. I never have enough steel and components and if I do, I have not silver to trade with because they never buy my clothes, sculptures or even guns in most cases.
6) Other intelligent species on planet! Not just humans you can recruit. Let's make some other alien being you can talk to trade goods/techs with and potentially add to your colony (after you research how to communicate with them or something like that)

there are tons of good ideas around. The game is fun but it lacks depth. If I don't play on higher difficulty I can start on colony ship during the second year and that is no fun...

just about all of what you have said here is all ready made.
now i am not sure about the water part. i will ask around and see if it can be done.

about number six this idea i love but i am not sure how one might make this i know some older mod had this and if i can find it and talk to the maker then i will give it a try.

one other thing about number six i don't think this needs a mod i know of an older map that has something just like this.

about number 5 i am not sure how this will work but i will look about and see if there is a mod all ready for this.