Poll is over

Poll is over
Poll is over
Poll is over
Poll is over
Poll is over

blazecreek

Quote from: Grynnreaper on May 05, 2016, 11:31:49 AM
Make a "mindwipe" mod to use on prisoners and crappy colonists? it could use the medical skill and have a chance at making the "subject" insane, not feel pain and go on a rampage. Or possibly you end up with a potato wearing a synthread shirt lol. Maybe it just re-rolls the traits and such. Now that i think on it, it could not add skills, but could add "passions" (little flame, double big flame next to skills) but you could lose skills and passions. Could also limit the amount of times it could be done to a colonist, before you fry his coconut. insane rampage chance increase exponentially with each treatment. Interesting idea?

i love the idea. but don't plan on making anything like for quite some time.

blazecreek

Quote from: stefanstr on May 05, 2016, 05:21:59 AM
Idea: try to write a new storyteller. E.g., "Lucy Longterm" - a storyteller geared towards people who want to make a colony last 10+ years without having to face tribes of 200+ people attacking them.

this is one of the best ideas i have seen so far. and it might be a great first mod for my team. but i don't think i have the time to work on this atm.

something776

Sandstorm weather event for deserts.  To you know... make them more desert and have a way to get rid of all that blood that just ends up piling up outside your base.  Or simulate the lack of water and harshness by damaging crops and wearing down equipment left outside.

Maybe throw in something like vultures or desert raiders that act differently.  I just have a lot of ideas really but don't know how to code them in myself.  I'm an idea gal, that's just how I am.

Tell me if you're interested and I can maybe elaborate some and throw out some more ideas.

Britnoth

Quote from: blazecreek on May 05, 2016, 01:27:46 PM
Quote from: stefanstr on May 05, 2016, 05:21:59 AM
Idea: try to write a new storyteller. E.g., "Lucy Longterm" - a storyteller geared towards people who want to make a colony last 10+ years without having to face tribes of 200+ people attacking them.

this is one of the best ideas i have seen so far. and it might be a great first mod for my team. but i don't think i have the time to work on this atm.

Raid sizes are generally what the difficulty level is for, not for the storyteller. Phoebe on free play difficulty should already accomplish this.

Fiona Farming removes raids entirely too.

Grynnreaper

Yes, with wagons!

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 04, 2016, 10:56:29 AM
here it is...

the ability to ride animals

do it! :P

Killaim

multiple types of cables

that connect only to them self and can cross other  type of cables

for making a better power mangement system in your colony

Ironfist56

A new race to spice up colonist variety? I wanted to do it myself but I am hopeless hahaha, something like a fantasy race such as orcs etc, or anything really, I just think it'd be cool to have a new race in the game

rawr161

GAS/SMOKE
-Using something similar to temp control to regulate gas flow and or smoke
-Using wood stoves or generators would cause smoke and suffocate people underground
-Tear gas grenades
-Air pumps to supply oxygen into mines and buildings.
-Adds more complexity to toxic fallout event.

All need a Gas/Smoke system implemented to be effective. You could then add natural gas pockets in the rock and have other ways of generating power such as natural gas, of methane from a compost pile or grave. Configure it to work with zombie mods so they can spread  zombie virus!
--RAWR--

blazecreek

Quote from: rawr161 on May 08, 2016, 10:34:45 AM
GAS/SMOKE
-Using something similar to temp control to regulate gas flow and or smoke
-Using wood stoves or generators would cause smoke and suffocate people underground
-Tear gas grenades
-Air pumps to supply oxygen into mines and buildings.
-Adds more complexity to toxic fallout event.

All need a Gas/Smoke system implemented to be effective. You could then add natural gas pockets in the rock and have other ways of generating power such as natural gas, of methane from a compost pile or grave. Configure it to work with zombie mods so they can spread  zombie virus!

i have been hoping that the devs might make something like this but i am not sure how one might make this work. if anyone knows any mods like this shoot me a dm.

blazecreek

Quote from: Ironfist56 on May 08, 2016, 10:27:28 AM
A new race to spice up colonist variety? I wanted to do it myself but I am hopeless hahaha, something like a fantasy race such as orcs etc, or anything really, I just think it'd be cool to have a new race in the game

there are a few mods out there that do this. not sure if they have been updated.

daanrex

A mod that removes the skill decay would be nice!

RazorHed

trains ! and reasons for trains like mines

Ironfist56

Quote from: blazecreek on May 08, 2016, 01:06:13 PM
Quote from: Ironfist56 on May 08, 2016, 10:27:28 AM

there are a few mods out there that do this. not sure if they have been updated.

I haven't seen any apart from the Norbal one

blazecreek

Quote from: daanrex on May 08, 2016, 04:00:43 PM
A mod that removes the skill decay would be nice!

i had no idea there was skill decay. looking into it now.

anonymous456

Assign zones to work hours. I don't know if it's technically possible, but with what I've seen in UI improvements from other mods, I can believe in anything.

Imagine you could say to Joe "Colonist" Cook that from 8AM to 12PM, everything but the kitchen is off-limit. After that, during joy-hours, he is automatically switched back to unrestricted again.