Psyonic ships are defitively over powered

Started by wbonxx, May 04, 2016, 02:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

Why do you bother damaging the ship below 50% ? Place mines, poke the ship, stand back. Wait until they trigger some mines. If it's Extreme you may plant mines in pairs. Only provoke them into charging your defenses if all mines have exploded.

Fighting them at your base instead of at the ship means Scythers will separate from Centipedes. You can deal with Scythers before Centipedes arrive. But you prefer to fight them all at once ? OK

Extreme difficulty is the highest one, and mechanoids are the high end enemies. Are you sure you're as good as you think you are ?

xrumblingcdsx

Ship pieces are one of the easiest and most profitable events in the game.

Take a sniper (more if you have them) and shoot the ship part. This triggers the mechs to spawn. Move your sniper out of the agression range of the mechs (typically just outside of being able to hit the ship part). The mechs will not leave unless you damage the ship part significantly. Because of this I proceed to snipe all the mechs. Once all the mechs are dead i destroy the ship part.

And now you have a bunch of plasteel, components, and steel to make powered armor with. With no casualties and no damage to your colony.

Vaporisor

Well, I never had the issue once I stopped relying on fixed emplacement defence strategies.  I make use of my pawns which are superior to autoturrets when used right.  Doesn't take fancy weapons either.  Raids are no different.  The slow speed and poor aim means it can take time to take them down, but rely on the pawns, not a killbox.  I have had mechanoid raids take days with me moving pawns around, retreating some back for medical and rotations.  Great fun.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Justas love

The only thing that's over powered about the mechs is the inferno cannons other than that, personal shields up front and shots in the back