Rationing or low quality food to prisoners

Started by wbonxx, May 04, 2016, 04:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbonxx

Would be cool to be able to select how often to feed and the quality of food to deliver to prisoners... guest and why not, also to colonist with a refined taste (the psychotic ones).

Right now is only possible to select to feed or not.
Colonist only run for the best meal.

Harold3456

I was thinking this as well. I like giving my prisoners "fine meal"s for the mood boost, but "lavish meals" are a bit much, especially for the hard to recruit ones who contribute nothing to the base and just sit around being convinced for 30-40 days.

There should be a "food allowance" spectrum with the types of meals on it - from "no food" to "lavish meal", same as the "gets medicine" spectrum.

b0rsuk

Right now it's possible to feed prisoners nutrient paste:

1. Build a Nutrient Paste Dispenser with the interaction spot in the prison.
2. Uncheck "gets food" in the prisoner tab

They won't get food, but they will use the nutrient paste dispenser. It's not very intuitive that you must disable "gets food" and there could be an improvement there, for example better tooltip on "gets food".

wbonxx

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 05, 2016, 01:24:14 AM
Right now it's possible to feed prisoners nutrient paste:

1. Build a Nutrient Paste Dispenser with the interaction spot in the prison.
2. Uncheck "gets food" in the prisoner tab

They won't get food, but they will use the nutrient paste dispenser. It's not very intuitive that you must disable "gets food" and there could be an improvement there, for example better tooltip on "gets food".

This is interesting. So you useshred prisons? Or you leave the door open?

The it would be possible to make a storage spot reachable from prisoners where to allow only certain food.

b0rsuk

Hoppers are outside prison. The front of Nutrient Paste Dispenser is inside prison. This way, they can have as much healthy nutrient paste as they want and they don't have access to any food stockpile directly.

Divinion

This has been posted a few times.  I am a big supporter of this idea, as I too have suggested it.  The game already has the option to select what level of medicine you'd treat your prisoners with, if any at all.  So, there should not be too much work needed to be put in to make it so you can designate what quality of food you'd feed prisoners.