[Mod Request] Haul All of It

Started by highborne, May 04, 2016, 05:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highborne

This must annoy more than just me.  But pawns not hauling all of the goods around them.

For example, a siege happens.  You kill the bastards and deconstruct their sandbags/mortars etc.

Now there is a bunch of steel lying around in piles of 2 or 35 or whatnot.  Your colonists go and grab 2 steel...2.  Instead of gathering up 75 and hauling it back in one go.

This goes for any kind of drop pods, resources like meals/medicine, blocks/steel/wood, and raw foods.

Is there a mod out there that ensures a hauler gathers up as much as he can and hauls it in one go instead of 15 trips?

Britnoth

No, there isn't a mod.

Because this is what they do in the vanilla game. I have no idea why they only haul 2 steel. Forbidden? Zone restrictions? Frail/bad back and missing an arm?

MisterVertigo

From what I have seen if the resources are the same and are close enough together, they will gather up as much as they can carry (like crops in a field). The range is pretty small though. If they are just a few too many spaces apart they will only grab what is closest.

What I've done before is manually tell them to haul away the furthest bit, and as they walk past the other pile, recruit them. They will then drop what they are carrying. Un-recruit them, and manually have them haul again. Now they should be close enough that he will go to the other pile and grab what he/she can carry.

It's kind of a pain, but it's a work-around. A way to change the range at which they will try to carry more at a time would be a nice addition.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

highborne

Quote from: Britnoth on May 05, 2016, 11:53:34 AM
No, there isn't a mod.

Because this is what they do in the vanilla game. I have no idea why they only haul 2 steel. Forbidden? Zone restrictions? Frail/bad back and missing an arm?

Doesn't seem to work.  These are piles that are out at say a siege location, where I have deconstructed all the sandbags into 2 steel each.  They grab just the 2 steel and head back.  I can try making the area home and see though.

Britnoth

It works fine... you must have some setting forbidding them to haul anymore.

When I deconstruct a steel wall and tell them to haul the steel at one end of it, they walk along the steel pile picking up 4 steel each time no problem...

My first guess would be the pawn is not hauling, but constructing something that only needs 2 more steel.

hector212121

Actually, what i think is going on is that they haul anything within, say, 2 tiles (randomly picked number, idk how big the radius is) of anything they pick up. The reason picking up a wall works is because each new pile of steel is within 2 tiles of the one they just picked up.

I think it should be made so it's anything within X tiles of the person already hauling that kind of item so if someone goes out to haul steel and passes more on the way back, they pick it up.

BlackSmokeDMax

Usually I only see this behavior when they are not actually hauling but instead they are picking up objects to do a different job. (i.e. cooking, constructing, crafting)

Also unless items are farther apart like MisterVertigo said, in which case, I also micro them to gather more.

Coolcolon

Not entirely sure if it would help but i found a mod that helps a bit with hauling. dont know if it will make them haul max of whatever item.
Hauling Priority Designator: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9328.0
Just looking to enjoy the game!