[A14] Firearm Names (Also on Workshop)

Started by IndustryStandard, May 04, 2016, 09:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndustryStandard

Since SlimeCrusher hasn't updated his mod for A13 and I got errors trying to reuse the file, I decided to make the same thing for myself because for some reason the generic names really bother me. I intend to always keep this updated for future releases.

Anyway, this mod is very simple, it changes the generic names like the "pistol" to Colt M1911 or the "survival rifle" back to the Lee-Enfield.

Pistol -> Colt M1911
Pump Shotgun -> Remington 870
Survival Rifle -> Lee-Enfield
Assault Rifle -> M-16 Rifle
Sniper Rifle -> M-24 Rifle
PDW -> Uzi
Heavy SMG -> TEC-9
Incendiary Launcher -> T-9 Incendiary Launcher
LMG -> L-15 LMG
Charge Rifle -> R-4 Charge Rifle

It's my first real attempt at modding, and it's fairly basic, but it has sparked interest in me making more mods with a bit more complexity.

I am also slowly on the side working on a variation of this mod with more specific descriptions for the weapons to add more flavor and fun facts.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Soap

We can adjust them easily at Core folder :D

IndustryStandard

Well yeah, but not everyone can or wants to do that.

Simple process sure but it did take more effort then I know some people want to go through.

Highlandman

I'm one of those guys... :p Great upload, and works really nice with Rimfire 2.0 (with real weapon names enabled)

Alistaire

Rimfire 2.0 actually changes vanilla weapon names already. It overwrites the labels which means you won't see any of the names used in this mod regardless of your MCM settings.

Highlandman

I stand corrected  :-[  (must of been a bug in the mod folder).

IndustryStandard

I guess I'll have to spice this up a bit to help it stand out.

Probably through making better descriptions.

IndustryStandard

Quote from: Highlandman on May 05, 2016, 07:50:50 AM
I stand corrected  :-[  (must of been a bug in the mod folder).

I decided to check this, since I like Rimfire, but you still have the pistol, minigun, charge rifle, and pump shotgun as generic names, while the other weapons are using proper names.

Alistaire

The translations are handled in-game through the CCL MCM. You can find the translations in Languages/English/Keyed

IndustryStandard

Updated to A14
Added Workshop Version thanks to Itchy