[testing][A13] TimeMod - the longest adventure

Started by shadwar, May 05, 2016, 01:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadwar

Right now I'm working on time mod.
After A13 released, I'm have very bad feelings about too short years in days. Played a few game days and now, fall, winter, year passed. 30 days per month will be great.

The bad things about time moding - it's really hardcoded, and there is a lot of work. Now, I'm need you for testing and feedbacks.

Finished:
+ year length (for test is 10 days per month)
+ correct season weather and temperature
+ correctly pawn years (display, birthdays, granny's injures, relationships)
+ correctly display date (it's months now, not seasons)

And now, I'm have a question, what else I'm forgotten about time? Maybe some accidents, that must been happening only at some seasons, and not at others? Only once per year? Something else?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

crusader2010

Not really sure about this, but don't buildings have an increasing chance of breaking down over time and requiring a component to fix?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

shadwar

Added initial version. 10 days per month. No seasons, months displayed.

dareddevil7

Well planets in rimworld aren't earth. Days, Months, and year could be longer or shorter than on earth

palandus

Time Related Stuff:

If you have changed how days/seasons work, will it affect duration based calamities such as:

Eclipse, Solar Flare, or Toxic Fallout?

If you have changed how days/seasons work, will it affect how often raids occur, as I believe the number of raids is based on days passed?

If you have changed how days/seasons work, then Mechanoids may arrive sooner or later; believe by default you start seeing raids of them after day 90.

MiningKerbal

Thanks for making this mod. Its very useful in Alpha 13.

Do you know if it would work in A14 or not?

mew_the_pinkmin

would be cool to have a random(ish) days per mouth, based on the world seed, so a year on planet1 is 300 days but a year on planet2 is 581 days, ect... and the since its based on seed the same planet will always have the same amount of days in a year.
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Demetreo

" The strength of your words hurt more than the shots from your gun. "