Scaring

Started by Bairne, May 05, 2016, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firescythe

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 05, 2016, 12:40:05 PM
And people are savage enough to go after fellow colonist's eyes and cripple him for life.

Not only people :D animals too. Cobras especially effifient in taking colonist noses.

Elixiar

At least 10/14 of my colonists have scarred eyes, some both (some with bionic eyes).

It really needs to be a little bit more rare because it honestly just feels absurd that everyone in my colony is half blind and hates each other because they are disfigured and can't hit anything in an actual firefight for crap.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Luroshard

A whole colony of eyeless people would make for one spooky story for a lone visitor.

On a very chilly winter night, you approach the building, flashlight in hand.
As you get closer you appear to hear some rustling inside the dim lit building
9 shadowy figures seem to be sowing seeds
you shine your flashlight through the door and there are no reflecting surfaces
you get closer to then be roughed up by an eyeless colonist
you awake in a cell with a basket of raw hare meat on the ground

Locklave

I gotta agree with the OP, stuff can happen in fights but I don't recall blinding anyone in a fight irl or causing permanent damage. There are rarely serious injuries in real life from hand to hand fighting. If anything the rates of injury should be greatly reduced with hand to hand.

Hand to hand combat should be what you use when you want to capture people alive without serious damage. Currently it seems to be just as dangerous as a machine gun.