[1.0] One Big Family (updated 19.10.2018)

Started by Orion, May 05, 2016, 10:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

Quote from: Joshy1111 on May 19, 2016, 02:01:33 AM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 17, 2016, 01:43:59 PM
just wanted to say that yeah, the relations thing is not really set up for this many relations. The good news is, you can tweak it!

Go to menu -> mod options -> fluffy relations, scroll all the way down. Set the repulsive force to something higher ( anywhere from 500 to 50k, depending on just how many relations you have ), or set the attractive force lower - both should mean pawns get more spread out (assuming that the problem is bunching pawns.) If you're getting 'explosions', try lowering the temperature.
Also where can I find that? I looked everywhere and I can't find mod options or anything relating to that.

On the main menu there should be an option called Mod Options, right after Mods :p
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Orion

Quote from: Joshy1111 on May 19, 2016, 01:31:05 AM
Hey Orion, are you able to add an extra download link? Dropbox is down today for no reason and I am not able to download your awesome mod!

Fluffy's creations is more awesome though...
Dropbox hasn't been down for me for years already... I thought it was very reliable. I'd rather not upload it somewhere else as well, because then I have to maintain multiple sources. Maybe just give it a few hours? :P

Jdalt40

Hey joaonunes, I looked on my main menu and it is not there? All that is there is the usual options and mods, could something be messing this up?

Edit: I looked at the log and it is showing this
Never mind, I did not update CCL so I did not have the mod options, thanks anyways! :)

joaonunes

Is there a way to tweak the relations rate? I had to uninstall the mod because it was becoming too chaotic to have a raid with half the enemies being relatives, or having a colonist married with 6 persons while having 3 ex-wifes... I could not kill anyone because they were almost all relatives...

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: joaonunes on May 26, 2016, 04:48:48 PM
I could not kill anyone because they were almost all relatives...
*chuckles* only in RimWorld...

joaonunes

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 27, 2016, 12:01:04 PM

xD

well, I killed them anyways, but that's not the point xD

Orion

Quote from: joaonunes on May 27, 2016, 12:04:09 PM
Maybe you shouldn't solve all your problems with violence?

:P I guess I'll have to make it tweakable at some point. Originally the mod was just meant as a joke, but I got really used to it. Now I have to find the important relatives in the enemy crowd and try to take them out with melee so I can let them go again XD

joaonunes

Quote from: Orion on May 28, 2016, 04:13:51 AM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 27, 2016, 12:04:09 PM
Maybe you shouldn't solve all your problems with violence?

:P I guess I'll have to make it tweakable at some point. Originally the mod was just meant as a joke, but I got really used to it. Now I have to find the important relatives in the enemy crowd and try to take them out with melee so I can let them go again XD

Smart move, but when I am using the 90mm flak cannons from CR' defence pack its kinda hard to choose who dies and who doesnt xD
Plus having 6 wifes its not acceptable in my colony, so some of them have to "go"  xD

Orion

Interesting that it goes so out of hand with you. With me it quickly stops adding new relatives for old-time colonists, after the "core positions" (wife, parents, children, siblings) are filled.

This does make me think a "Parley" mod would be awesome. If you get an attack or siege, you can call out parley mode via the com station and negotiate with the attackers. E.g. hand over some goods (or prisoners or colonists) in return for the attackers to sod off. Having more positive and few negative relationships with the attackers could give an advantage on how much they want before they leave. Overpaying them could even give a relationship bonus.

Also different factions could require different kinds of things to be pleased (like how the traders work).

This would be great for players who want to focus on base building and nice for these moments when you get a raid while you're still trying to recover from whatever just happened before.

jere8184

A mod that makes family relations alot more rare would be nice

joaonunes

Quote from: jere8184 on May 31, 2016, 03:35:08 PM

they are pretty rare...ish already, why make it even rarer (does this word exist? xD)?

jere8184

Quote from: joaonunes on May 31, 2016, 03:45:47 PM

they are pretty rare...ish already, why make it even rarer (does this word exist? xD)?
i mean family ties in general such as brother , mother them sort of things not incest relationships

joaonunes

Quote from: jere8184 on May 31, 2016, 04:33:17 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 31, 2016, 03:45:47 PM

i mean family ties in general such as brother , mother them sort of things not incest relationships

Humm... If Orion really thinks about making a menu for tweaking relationship rates that and other issues will not be a problem anymore  8)

jere8184

joaonunes

Quote from: jere8184 on June 01, 2016, 07:57:55 AM
Does he plan to?

He said "I guess I'll have to make it tweakable at some point.", so it's uncertain, but hope must not die :D