[1.0] One Big Family (updated 19.10.2018)

Started by Orion, May 05, 2016, 10:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirgzu

Thanks for taking the time to keep your mods to date :)

Orion

Yeah well, it always comes at a price... it's time I don't spend on improving mods that are already up to date.
To be honest I was secretly hoping to abandon this mod. But it's going another alpha now :)

Harry_Dicks

Gonna have to try this out. Orion, do you want some of your mods to be Steam only? I ask because More Mechanoids I could only find on Steam, and I was surprised to see that you also made it, but I had never heard of it! Same with a few of your mods that only have A17 titles here on maybe even no thread at all. Also, I found the B18 link for this from Steam, but it is never updated here.

Personally I think all of your work is great, and if you want more people to see it, well it makes it more difficult to find if they are only on Steam. Either way, thank you for this and all of your hard work! ;)

wwWraith

Heh, thanks for reminding of this mod. I learned that there is a confirmed bug in B18 that greatly lowers the chance of getting any random relations spawned. So I'll try to use this mod to counteract it :)

Edit: from Steam page:
QuoteNote: You can also use this mod to LOWER the chance that a pawn has existing relationships.
Either I can't figure out how to do it or it still creates a way too many relations. Is it possible to make configurable not only the quantities but also the probabilities?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Orion

@Harry: Actually it's not my goal anymore that as many people see my mods as possible. Nowadays it is to minimise the maintenance my mods require. I've come to the point that I have to take unpaid vacation when a new RimWorld version is released, just to fix compatibility again.
So one of the ways I do that is to focus my activities on the Steam side of business.

@wwWraith: If I'm not mistaken, you can customise the probability. But I haven't looked in a while. I may be mistaken.

wwWraith

I'll try to ask once more :)

For example, I want to make it so 10% of the new spawned pawns will receive some relation (with any pawns, not necessary my colonists) with 20% chance to get more than 1 relations. But I can only set minRelationships and avgRelationships and even if they are set to 0 the resulting probabilities remains too high for me. So I'd be grateful for helping me to achieve something at least close to these numbers.

P.S. I'm using the last available on Dropbox version.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Harry_Dicks

I was also have a weird intermittent bug when generating pawns with this mod on. I also had the unstable version of Facial Stuff going as well, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it either. But when the only thing I did was turn OBF off, then I never had any more freezing errors when generating pawns at the departure screen.

Orion

@wwWraith: I guess it's not possible with the current version then. People have used it to lower connections in the past. Not sure why you would still have too many.

@harry: It's quite possible that it conflicts with another mod. Not likely, but possible. But I have to see the error to be able to say any more.

Orion

Orion

NipponGin

Hi, Orion.
I always have fun using your mod.

This time I introduced "one big family", but I realized that occasional freeze occurred.
It seems to happen when traders and visitors come to colonies.

Since error log is described, please refer to it.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/c8c20b9e6dbca86fc154f2b0d6077746
Line 1967 and subsequent lines will be where freeze occurred.

Please forgive my poor English.

Orion

The error is from Humanoid Alien Races.

Slowdowns can happen if there are huge amounts of pawns in your world.

NipponGin

Thank you for your answer.

If "one big family" is removed, freezing does not occur.
In other words, is "one big family" and "Humanoid Alien Races" incompatible?

Orion

The freezing and error are not (entirely) related.

The freezing / slowdown could be made more extreme by Humanoid Alien Races.

I don't have the problem myself, but I also don't have huge amounts of pawns in my game, which causes the problem.

NipponGin