[A13] - Darkness Revamp (v1.0) - Now with addons !

Started by cram, May 05, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cram

This mod is the updated version of the originally "Darkness" mod created by Viceroy.
This really simple mod added to your game lower significantly the light's level during night, and can be used in addition with other mods for more realistic horror themed games !

Originally made by Viceroy (original mod's thread here)
Updated by cram & panggul_mas.

Normal version [A13 - Dropbox]
Slightly Brighter version [A13 - Dropbox]

Simply extract the DarknessRevamp archive to your RimWorld/Mods folder and activate it in the mod menu in the game.

Check them in the post below !

- Since a lot of people wanted this mod updated for A13, here it is, and now with stats changes !

- Darkness Revamp brings new changes from the original mod as the night and weathers will now affect pawns accuracy, movement speed, and manipulating.

- Eclipse will decrease light's level even if it happens during the day (was known to be a bug in the original mod).

- The mod should be savegame friendly, since it only changes graphic related & low stats value.

Everything belongs to Viceroy, i just updated, fixed and added more mechanics to the mod.

Alpha 13 (07.05.2016)
- Darkness Revamp Lights! add-on is up

Alpha 13 (06.05.2016)
- Added the Slightly Brighter version

Alpha 13 (05.05.2016)
- Initial release of Darkness Revamp
- Eclipse event bug is fixed
- Now nights and weather decrease pawns' statistics

cram

Here's a little add-on for Darkness Revamp that adds two simple lights to help you get through the night!

1. A simple torch that is cheap to build but doesn't provide any heat, and only lasts long enough to get you through the darkest part of the night.
2. A weather-proof outdoor utility light.

-cram, for reviving the mod as Darkness Revamp for A13
-Shinzy, for the outdoor lamp texture
-cuproPanda, for the torch base texture
-many others from the very helpful and friendly slack community

Download

A13 - Google Drive
A13 - Dropbox

WIP - Coming soon !

Loki88

Save game friendly or does it require a whole new world?

cram

Made a new world without the mod, and played on the same world with the mod, no problems at all ;).
Should be good to go.

But dont forget to do a save before adding a new mod, we dont know what might happens.

nuschler22

Is it purely aesthetic (same as the game) or are there combat modifiers in it as well? 

For example, people in darker areas harder to hit, lighter areas easier?

cram

Quote from: nuschler22 on May 05, 2016, 12:44:11 PM
Is it purely aesthetic (same as the game) or are there combat modifiers in it as well? 

Read the notes ! ;)

notfood

crusader2010

Hi! Is your mod compatible with CombatRealism and the stats it uses/changes for colonists/weapons?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

falcongrey

A very missed mod! Thanks for reviving it!
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

cram

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 05, 2016, 02:04:33 PM
Hi! Is your mod compatible with CombatRealism and the stats it uses/changes for colonists/weapons?

Hi, well, for now i'm talking with the CombatRealism's author and planning to do a compatibility mod, so it should appear soon.

Minnigin

thank you thank you thank you, did I mention thank you, but seriously much appreciated :D

Mechanoid Hivemind

Marked for the future,

Id like to see out side lights that won't blow a hole in my wall when it rains so i can see out side
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

nuschler22

Quote from: cram on May 05, 2016, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on May 05, 2016, 12:44:11 PM

Read the notes ! ;)

That's fine that it alters statistics, but it doesn't answer my question.  It just says that it reduces accuracy.

If a colonist is shooting from the dark and a target is in the light, there shouldn't be an accuracy decrease.  Conversely, a raider coming from light trying to shoot at colonists that are in the dark should have an accuracy decrease.

From the description, it sounds like anyone in the "night" (or inclement weather, which is fair) receives the decrease in accuracy.  Does that include being inside but in the dark (i.e., behind an embrasure)? 

Igabod

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on May 05, 2016, 03:19:02 PM
Marked for the future,

Id like to see out side lights that won't blow a hole in my wall when it rains so i can see out side

Keep an eye out for my Advanced Lamps mod to be updated to a13 in the next few days.