[A15] EasierGrowingzones

Started by Paul.R, November 13, 2016, 06:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul.R

Pretty self-explanatory, this mod adds a Designator(Zone tool, however you may call it) that creates a Growing zone on only the soil you selected.

License: MIT License

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784123492

Direct DL: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwk4-IZSd9QhQVVjRWVhREVlVTA

Source: https://github.com/PaulRitter/EasierGrowingzones

Rock5

Excellent!

But that's a bit limited. How about maps where you are struggling to find soil among all the gravel? Having some way of selecting which soil type you want to target would be awesome.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Rock5 on November 13, 2016, 11:05:30 AM
Excellent!

But that's a bit limited. How about maps where you are struggling to find soil among all the gravel? Having some way of selecting which soil type you want to target would be awesome.
Check there then https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17094.0

Paul.R

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 13, 2016, 12:55:37 PM
Excellent!

Check there then https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17094.0

Tbh thats an awesome tool. I'll just add a dropdown selector like the one for the structure tab. (idk if this is worded correctly)

kaptain_kavern

Hey Paul I just realized maybe what i've done (posting the link like that) could be interpreted as a "discredit" against yours.

It wasn't my inttention at all, friend  :-X

But it seems you haven't take it that way at all.

(idk if mine is worded correctly either, i'm French  ;D)

Rock5

Quote from: Paul.R on November 13, 2016, 04:08:33 PM

Tbh thats an awesome tool. I'll just add a dropdown selector like the one for the structure tab. (idk if this is worded correctly)
Yeah, that would work.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Wishmaster

I was thinking about something similar: a brush that would draw a square shaped growing zone in the same soil you are clicking on.

But that's helpful anyway, , thanks.

defensestar

Both of your posts were worded almost perfectly if not perfectly

Rock5

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 14, 2016, 04:49:15 PM
I was thinking about something similar: a brush that would draw a square shaped growing zone in the same soil you are clicking on.

As long as you can still extend the zone in any direction and it doesn't stop you from extending to a lower fertility area if you wanted to.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Paul.R

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 13, 2016, 04:29:10 PM
Hey Paul I just realized maybe what i've done (posting the link like that) could be interpreted as a "discredit" against yours.

It wasn't my inttention at all, friend  :-X

But it seems you haven't take it that way at all.

(idk if mine is worded correctly either, i'm French  ;D)
No worrys, you're fine :D

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 14, 2016, 04:49:15 PM

So kinda like in Cities: Skylines?

Oh, and I added that:

Killaim

no idea what ive done wrong, but i cant get it working.

must be a mod conflict :(

mabor0shi

Quote from: Paul.R on November 13, 2016, 06:48:15 AM
Pretty self-explanatory, this mod adds a Designator(Zone tool, however you may call it) that creates a Growing zone on only the soil you selected.
It is absolutely not self explanatory. In fact, even after your explanation, I still don't get it. How is this different from the vanilla method? It sounds exactly the same. I could just DL the mod to find out, but most people won't be willing to DL a mod they don't even know wtf it does. When you answer the question, remember that it might be a dumbass like me reading it so choose words carefully :)
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Rock5

Getting error. Why?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I think I figured out the cause of the error. You need to add the .dll extension to the assembly. Seems to be working now.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport