[A13] - Darkness Revamp (v1.0) - Now with addons !

Started by cram, May 05, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

someone

Is there a version that doesn't modify stats, so merely for graphical use?

I would love to use it, but it seems there will be conflicts, primarily with CR.

cram

Quote from: admiralKew on May 12, 2016, 01:54:00 PM
Will the flare shell/mortar be compatible with CR's 'unified' mortar system?

Not for now.

cram

Quote from: someone on May 12, 2016, 04:30:23 PM
Is there a version that doesn't modify stats, so merely for graphical use?

I would love to use it, but it seems there will be conflicts, primarily with CR.

Hey !
Stats changes arent that big, since it modify them directly within the .xml, putting CombatRealism on a higher priority in your mod list should do the trick, but be careful, i havent tried it with CR nor any other mods, so, save your game and try it, but there shouldnt be any problems. ;)

gehennianviceroy

Can anyone tell me exactly what's going on here? I've had this problem all the way back to the A12 release. The weather def works great until about dusk when it decides to brighten tremendously, followed by a perfectly dark night, which then brightens intensely again around 3am.

I absolutely loved the new revamped version (I even made lights to use with it ugh), any way we can get this working for me :/

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Jakub k.

Quote from: gehennianviceroy on May 15, 2016, 11:08:01 AM
Can anyone tell me exactly what's going on here? I've had this problem all the way back to the A12 release. The weather def works great until about dusk when it decides to brighten tremendously, followed by a perfectly dark night, which then brightens intensely again around 3am.

I absolutely loved the new revamped version (I even made lights to use with it ugh), any way we can get this working for me :/
a majora moon seems to be following one of your colonists

gehennianviceroy

cram

Quote from: gehennianviceroy on May 15, 2016, 11:08:01 AM

Mh, weird, do you have any other mods activated ?

DaGirrafeMan

Hey, I got a question..? So in the middle of night, there will be a random flash of light coming from the darkness mod and It almost seemed like a non-stopping lightning bolt. Yet it didn't seem to add any reality to the darkness mod. It was different than usual? Should I take one of my mods off... I currently have Crash Landing and Hospitality. :d

Once again, complete newb at the game! :/

joaonunes

Quote from: DaGirrafeMan on May 23, 2016, 09:34:29 PM
Hey, I got a question..? So in the middle of night, there will be a random flash of light coming from the darkness mod and It almost seemed like a non-stopping lightning bolt. Yet it didn't seem to add any reality to the darkness mod. It was different than usual? Should I take one of my mods off... I currently have Crash Landing and Hospitality. :d

Once again, complete newb at the game! :/

Maybe it was a thunderstorm? Crash landing and hospitality work fine with darkness without any problems at all
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

DaGirrafeMan

Well it seems I'm having the same problem as gehennianviceroy, wit' that being the random flash of light during the middle of night. I can't tell if it's a bug, or if it has to do with something of our computer details. Could it be the driver?

panggul_mas

Quote from: DaGirrafeMan on May 27, 2016, 12:15:52 PM
Well it seems I'm having the same problem as gehennianviceroy, wit' that being the random flash of light during the middle of night. I can't tell if it's a bug, or if it has to do with something of our computer details. Could it be the driver?

@DAGirrafeMan - could you post your active mod list? Also, was this during a particular weather event (flashstorm, fog, etc)? I'm doing a QA run of Darkness right now, and I have lots of mods active but haven't seen this happen (yet).

~

DaGirrafeMan

To tell you the truth, I even ran the game without any mods at all. The only thing I have in my mods folder is Community Library and Darkness Revamp, and Community Library mod is disabled at that. Pretty sure I tried it enabled too and it did the same thing. When the bright flash occurs, it stays for a couple of in-game hours. Even when it's on a clear day, it resumes the bug until morning. Mostly happens at 18h, then disappears at 1h. It's just real annoying to see a huge flash of white.

Exende

question:  does this mod affect the tiles you're standing in or the place where the bullets go?  (figuring if I should keep my bunkers dark or not)

joaonunes

Quote from: Exende on May 28, 2016, 10:43:23 PM
question:  does this mod affect the tiles you're standing in or the place where the bullets go?  (figuring if I should keep my bunkers dark or not)

It should only affect the pawn's accuracy when the enemy is in a dark place, not the shooter itself... Not sure though...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!