[WIP] (Alpha 8) Arachnid Threat (v.1.02) [Progress: 36% (141218 0147)]

Started by Evul, February 09, 2014, 08:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Lol will leve a zombie mod to some one else :P

The errors appear when there are 2 faction of arachnides precent and when you load the game... It sucks....

Evul

Arachnid Threat 1.01 released!

Arachnid Threat have now been released for Alpha 4 bringing the Arachnid race and the ferrous Warrior bug to the RimWorlds once again.

Enjoy this second release and let me know if you find bugs or other issues!

Download:

JorDash

Does this require Project Armory or is it stand alone?

Tuvka

Quote from: JorDash on June 07, 2014, 09:00:47 AM
Does this require Project Armory or is it stand alone?
stand alone
The only problem is that a flock of arachnids cuts base very quickly. I decided to remove from his game this mod. Anyway, until the time when the turret will shoot the arachnids.

Goatlike

Sorry for my English.

Evul

Bilxx1

This is a lot of fun and not too tough once you get a way of dealing with the bug horde worked out. Its extra meat now.

Evul

Ivia

I found if they are stack together, nothing can stop them, doors can't even affect their movement speed for a bits :<
But I really like this mod.. if it's possible to not to let them stack on one block?

Evul

Are they running right thro or are they ripping the door?

Ivia

Quote from: Evul on June 09, 2014, 04:04:02 PM
Are they running right thro or are they ripping the door?
It ripped, it's a group about 30-40 I think.
I stack three blast door for defense propose, the first blast door held for a few hits, but since they are spawn in a close formation, they pass it like there're no doors exist ;-;

Kinda like the attachment, their speed will increase when the group are bigger↓

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Evul

Lol xD

Would you recommend me to lower the damage they deal or changing the amount spawned?
Or do you have another solution? :)

(I do want a custom AI file for the bugs but can't program one...)

Ivia

Quote from: Evul on June 09, 2014, 04:14:25 PM
Lol xD

Would you recommend me to lower the damage they deal or changing the amount spawned?
Or do you have another solution? :)

(I do want a custom AI file for the bugs but can't program one...)
Actually... I'm not sure ;-;
I noticed these bugs sometime find a cover.. so AI could be a solution.. like if they will plan to attack from more direction, or spread on a wider formation, but it may took many works to do it..
Sadly I don't see any mod or vanilla things using collision detect on any alive things, otherwise it could be a good solution by limit the game can only allow 2-5 alive things on one block, but I think it could be a core issue, so if no one using it.. it could be not exist in this moment ;-;

Well.. the similar thing is the draft person will not have a pathfinding, but I think it's on the player side, unless itself is a pathfinding mode allow to choose by AI mode?

Uh.... the high damage is good, just like the movie, I don't want it to be too low.
And the amount could be lower slight I think, make it more like a bug scout squad until player will start meet a whole group with 40 pirates xD

Evul

mmance

This mod is really cool.  I love Starship Troopers.  Might I suggest allowing towers to target the bugs.  The last few games a swarm of 30-40 bugs wipe me out and my towers just sit there.  At least allow the option.

Marc

Good work on your mod.