Anyone working on an amazing modpack like ultimate overhaul?

Started by art281996, May 05, 2016, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art281996

Let's take a second to admit ultimate overhaul was hands down the best modpack ever created in the history of rimworld with daily changes and an ever growing list of mods added. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was working on a modpack that was similar to it? SK modpack is good and all but nothing is ever the same since I played ultimate overhaul... RIP

NuclearStudent

The Mod Variety pack, as far as I can tell, is like Ultimate Overhaul, but slimmer and based on Combat Realism.

Toggle

opinions can be disagreed with

and i shall take upon that option for uop
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

RemingtonRyder

silentwolf123

how about forget what happened to the modpack creator and answer the mans question. And i agree with nuclearstudent, MVP is a good pack similiar to UOP

RemingtonRyder

It's a loaded question. Personally, I have nothing against the creator of the UOP, but the pack itself was a hunk of mismatching stuff sewn together and made to work with mad science. If it had been made as a focused modpack, I would have been fine with it.

silentwolf123

Thats why some people liked it though was because it was a focused modpack. Everything in it was a suprise, There was no dierection to it, it was random, everything was different and thats why iot was good because it was seperate from all other modpacks which has mods which links in with each other. Sometimes people like the crazy mad science approach, everyone needs break from order to have a little chaos.

art281996

Not only that but it was one of the only modpacks that rarely crashed, the mod created everything to work perfectly and if something did manage to mess up he'd tell you how to fix it. I just liked the simplicity overall just look as SK for example, its a great modpack but it goes too in depth. want to build a generator? it literally makes you create a lot of different parts and I know everyone is different but I personally don't like how it progresses so slow, by the time you finished your generator you already got a game ending attack because it takes so long. Still a good modpack but its not the same

RemingtonRyder

So what you're saying is that you want:

• a bunch of mod content that works together
  • but not with a hardcore Blast Off style production chain
  • which means absolutely no Galgadorian metal ;)
  • A modpack supported by a modpack author who knows what they're doing

Asking for a modpack like UOP is fine and all, but you're not likely to get many takers unless you're specific with your requirements.

The more specific you are, the less time someone has to spend on the process of asking for permissions and putting it together and making the metric ton of compatibility fixes that are needed, and the more likely it is to be released before the next major update of RimWorld.

silentwolf123

Ran across one which reminds me of UOP is the Mega mod pack. think of UOP in its early stages