[A15] Hauling and cleaning enabling mods.

Started by Kyos, May 06, 2016, 12:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppsen

Here you go, made you one :D

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Kyos

Mod updated for Alpha-14 release. Turns out all it needed was to have the version-tag in the about.def section updated.

darkrage000

Great mod. Thanks

Ive always thought it was backwards where the pawn could haul a piece of rock across the map to turn it into a brick, but cant drop it in a storage zone....

kaptain_kavern

This and cleaning. using this mod as a base i also enabled cleaning for all. Same thinking here : "Hey you don't need to be an engineer to mop the floor.right?"

Ace Cooper

Great mod idea, thank you for this!
I always get annoyed when some pretentious pawn refuses to fetch the goods for the colony.
"Unable to haul" only makes sense for the pawns with "Bad back" or damaged limbs.
Would be nice to see this condition in game core soon.
What we know shapes who we are

Veyda

Quote from: nuschler22 on May 06, 2016, 12:56:41 PM
I've never understood why some people can't haul or clean.  It makes no sense.  Especially in a survival situation.

Quote from: Ace Cooper on July 21, 2016, 02:37:33 PM
I always get annoyed when some pretentious pawn refuses to fetch the goods for the colony.
"Unable to haul" only makes sense for the pawns with "Bad back" or damaged limbs.

Ditto. However, I think there is a more holistic way to implement this aversion to menial labor (since this is not a physical inability to do something, but merely a preference — I know this condition first-hand ;) ).

My solution is to give a small, but stacking mood debuff... say, 'Was forced to haul: -2' or 'Was forced to clean: -3' every time a pawn is made to do something menial they would rather not.

This is more of a middle ground between how Tynan did it (labor 100% blocked) and how this mod does it (labor 100% allowed w/o any negative side-effects) and makes a lot more sense to me personally.

EDIT: For extra credit, cleaning up vomit or blood (ick!) causes a harsher debuff. I would reason that someone who already dislikes cleaning would absolutely detest cleaning up bodily fluids.  :-\

kaptain_kavern

I have to say i like those two suggestion. Seems like good ideas to balance this mod

H8ff0000

kaptain_kavern

It works for A14. All you have to do is editing the version tag in the about.xml files.

Changing <targetVersion> to <targetVersion>0.14.1241</targetVersion>

H8ff0000

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 11, 2016, 09:28:58 PM
It works for A14. All you have to do is editing the version tag in the about.xml files.

Changing <targetVersion> to <targetVersion>0.14.1241</targetVersion>
Thanks for the tip!

Adventurer

kaptain_kavern

The "trick" I explained just above still work. Just open the About.xml file in the mod and correct the <targetVersion> to 0.15.0

I use it on A15 without problems

Kyos

Version tags have been updated for a15, added two mod variants for people who feel there aren't enough cleaning being done in their colony. And obligatory bump to the thread for mod exposure.

drakemasta

i like the suggestion about mood debuffs for forcing to clean or haul but im not really sure theirs any realistic functionality in it.

maybe add a prefferences system to it where you can tell them to do these things but as for prioritizing you cant put it to a "1" but maybe have it stuck at at "3" or its the last thing they think about doing if they got nothing else to do

bio138

Love this idea, would often leave people to die in the cold if they cant clean or haul, so stupid. A must have mod.