[A13] Reinforced Conduits v0.2 Non-cheaty update May 9, 2016

Started by Igabod, May 06, 2016, 09:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

This is just a simple mod which adds reinforced power conduits to the game. They have higher health value, higher cost, higher work time, and most important they are fireproof. Uses the same graphics as vanilla power conduits but I might edit the texture later to make it thicker and maybe a slightly different color so you can tell the difference between those and the regular ones.

Changelog:
V0.1 - Initial release.
V0.2 - Added research requirement to unlock.

Licensing info: Free to use in any modpack or mod with no restrictions. Just toss a link back to this thread somewhere on the first post if you use it. No need to ask for permission to use this.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

«Temple»

I have an idea for the cost, 2 steel 1 plasteel?  I'm happy your thinking about adding research and your contribution to the rimworld mods.

hentiger

Preapologize about my linguistic skills. I live in non-english speak world... My word choice and writing skills would be awful

Killaim

neat.

would you know if making conduits that are grouped.

so different group conduits wont merge with ones not part of their group.

would love something like that.

Igabod

Quote from: Killaim on May 07, 2016, 05:39:28 AM
neat.

I have no clue what you mean. But whatever it is sounds like it will require a .dll and I don't do .dll mods. This is not meant to be a huge mod with new mechanics that are not part of the vanilla game. I'm just adding an upgraded version of power conduits to the game and will eventually add a new research topic to make it less cheaty.

hector212121

Mmmmmh.... feels a little redundant when you have Skully's power and the ED Compressor. Unless it goes over, oh, 800 hp per conduit anyway.

Igabod

Quote from: hector212121 on May 07, 2016, 01:53:30 PM
Mmmmmh.... feels a little redundant when you have Skully's power and the ED Compressor. Unless it goes over, oh, 800 hp per conduit anyway.

So use those if you prefer them. I personally just wanted a simple reinforced conduit without all the frills of the other mods so I made one myself and figured I'd release it for anybody else that just wanted a simple version. Nobody said there can only be one version of a particular mod. Skullywag himself even encourages people to do different versions of his mods so I don't see a problem here.

Killaim

Quote from: Igabod on May 07, 2016, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: Killaim on May 07, 2016, 05:39:28 AM
neat.

I have no clue what you mean. But whatever it is sounds like it will require a .dll and I don't do .dll mods. This is not meant to be a huge mod with new mechanics that are not part of the vanilla game. I'm just adding an upgraded version of power conduits to the game and will eventually add a new research topic to make it less cheaty.

i meant sorry.

different type of cables. that wont connect to any other type.

so for instance

red blue green cable.

can criss cross over each other and be placed down to connect to different devices. (would then need a "reconnect to red/green/blue cable"

could then make neat power management systems using switches without it having to be a logistical nightmare on place cables everywhere without them touching each other or crossing.

skullywag

Quote from: Igabod on May 07, 2016, 03:41:04 PM
Skullywag himself even encourages people to do different versions of his mods so I don't see a problem here.

Yay, variety! woooooooooooo
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Igabod

Version 0.2 is out now. Not a cheaty mod anymore. Reinforced conduits now require research to unlock. This isn't the final release yet but it will be quite a while before I do the new texture so you are safe to download this and not have to worry about re-downloading it in a couple days or anything. I'm not sure if it's save friendly or not so make a backup of your save before you try and load the new version up. Let me know if there are any problems and please provide feedback on research cost and other balancing issues.