Trust in colony?

Started by 00petar00, May 07, 2016, 11:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

00petar00

First, let me explain what i have in mind;

I think that colonists should depending on their mood and how their  colony is getting richer or poorer, how they are treated, if you spend good medicine on them or just let them get infection every time, generally their trust in your colony is going up or down depending on everything that happens around them. Newly recruited people would have less trust and if they were captured before recruiting even less.
This could work with prisoners, the higher social skill on warden is, they could have more or less trust after they are recruited.
Would also give you good reasons to feed them with fine meals instead of getting mad that your colonists are using them on  prisoners, the better their  condition is the more trust they'll have in the colony when they are recruited. So even heaters would help, everything that makes their mood and live better, even though they are in your prison.

I feel that getting prisoners with no chance of them betraying you is just really bad, as if they don't think at all about their previous faction when they join you. So this could potentially improve that too, and make it more reasonable.

This could also work well with the refugees and random people needing rescue so they join you, and they'd have much more trust in you if you saved them.

Goes along well if babies/breeding is introduced into the game, as they are born and raised in the colony their trust would naturally be high.
Would maybe make it more worth to go after raising a baby or give another initiative to do so.

The Traitor event could be reintroduced in with this. If the people you recruit were your previous enemies their trust would be low and if things don't go their way and their trust goes down, they could betray you and try to capture someone and go back to their own faction, or just leave.

This would work well with animals, for example if they are often hungry or how you treat them, if you keep butchering their species maybe?
If their trust is really low, they could turn on their owner or just randomly attack colonists.

I think that this is at least worth discussing. Thanks for reading as always.

b0rsuk

Something I thought about was colonists forming factions based on their background. If two come from a caveworld, they're likely to stick together and might ally against others.

00petar00

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 07, 2016, 12:11:34 PM
Something I thought about was colonists forming factions based on their background. If two come from a caveworld, they're likely to stick together and might ally against others.

That's something completely different from what i suggested but i don't see a big point in that, what kind of impact will that have on the game?