Why cant I take my loyal cougar with my colonists ?

Started by Mese, May 08, 2016, 03:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mese

One of my colonists is bonded to a Cougar called Ivan ... Ivan has loyally hunted down food and protected the colony when asked to the detriment of his own health sometimes , yet its not possible to put him into a cryptosleep casket on the ship and let him leave with the others.

I actually feel bad having to leave him behind on his own :(   to the point where ive saved the game and left it til I find a solution to him being left behind ... if my colonists have to stay .. so be it , lol

What happens to a bonded animal that is left behind ?
And why cant my colonist take her pet with her ? 

Is there any chance of addressing this issue or a kind modder coming up with a solution :)

b0rsuk

I think I've seen the option "take animal_name to cryosleep casket", but the animal was downed and in shock. I wish there was a way that doesn't involve pain.

qurffe

There is mod called No colonist left behind! by Fluffy that should let you put animals into cryosleep? but its not out for A13 yet.

Vaporisor

I do the melee to injure, then the put in cryocask....  But yeah, is sad to do.  I want to leave with an army of elephants one day....  I guess a person could prep them with a bit of heat stroke?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Mese

Thanks for the replies
I guess i'll have to let one of my colonists just slightly hurt the cougar so he can come along ... at least he wont be left behind , all alone and pining for his bonded master

Morze

Is there a change that the animal will aggro? I have a pet Thrumbo and I'd hate to either left it behind or have it wreck the colony at the final day...

Vaporisor

A very good chance they will unfortunately.  I attacked my worg and it fought back.

With a Thrumbo, only thing I can think is to try and incapacitate with heat stroke....
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

milon

Excellent suggestion.  I added it to Your Cheapest Suggestions since it would (hopefully!) be super easy to be implemented in vanilla.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.msg219421#msg219421

Robovski

It would also be nice to be able to bury a beloved dead colony named pet in a sarcophagus.

Vaporisor

Quote from: Robovski on May 10, 2016, 01:40:19 PM
It would also be nice to be able to bury a beloved dead colony named pet in a sarcophagus.

That one is doable.  You just need to enable the sarcophagus for animal corpses :D
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

RazorHed

You CAN take your pets with you now.  Its just in the form of a nice tasty cougar sandwich :)

Robovski

Quote from: Vaporisor on May 10, 2016, 01:42:24 PM
Quote from: Robovski on May 10, 2016, 01:40:19 PM

That one is doable.  You just need to enable the sarcophagus for animal corpses :D

Ah, that is what I'm missing! This is mostly hypothetical though, as generally my colonists have butchered a dead animal before I have realized it died...

keylocke

Quote from: RazorHed on May 10, 2016, 06:22:42 PM
You CAN take your pets with you now.  Its just in the form of a nice tasty cougar sandwich :)

^this.

my colonist's stomach is like a frikkin noah's ark in space.  ;D

Vaporisor

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

RazorHed

Cougar!!  Delicious cougar mmmmmmmm mmmmm good !!!