Raid leaves after firefoam is popped

Started by Cappy, May 08, 2016, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cappy

1. Circumstances- I was playing the game when I had a fire appear. There was also a raid that was attacking immeadiatly so I told one person to pop the firefoam where the fire was. As soon as that was popped (triggered), the raid left, "Satisfied with the amount of damage done". But they touched nothing at all, I just popped the firefoam.
2. The raid left apparently "satisfied" that I dealt with the fire (Firefighter raid? :P )
3. I expected for the raid to keep coming and for the firefoam to put out the fire
4. Have a raid (both times it was "attacking immediately") and pop a firefoam. It makes them leave, apprently "satisfied with the amount of damage done"
Suggestion- Do they think the firefoam is "damage" to the ground/dirt?
I think this is game breaking... Every time a raid/seige shows up just trigger one of the firefoams.

MisterVertigo

Could it be because of the "damage" dealt TO the fire?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Kregoth

What the value of those? I bet you that they are expensive enough that when you set them off, raiders consider it enough to trigger that outcome.

milon

^ especially if it's early game. In late game, a destroyed fire foam popper may not be enough to satisfy them.

And yeah, that's exploitable. The game should instead track damage done by the raiders, rather than all damage done.

Cappy

Quote from: milon on May 08, 2016, 03:46:38 PM
^ especially if it's early game. In late game, a destroyed fire foam popper may not be enough to satisfy them.

And yeah, that's exploitable. The game should instead track damage done by the raiders, rather than all damage done.
Well it was 80 days in and firefoam poppers only cost around 20 metal and 1 component... It shouldn't be enough to think they damaged it and could leave, in this circumstance I had give or take 7000 silver (due to iguana breeding and ridiculous corn farm) and quite a few nice guns/statues

Cappy

Quote from: MisterVertigo on May 08, 2016, 12:02:22 PM
Could it be because of the "damage" dealt TO the fire?
I tested it again, this time manually triggering it without any fire nearby and it still worked.

viperwasp

Oh now that I found out about this I'm tempted to use it. This bug needs to be killed for next release for sure if it can be reproduced by anyone.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

ison

Fixed, thanks. This was a pretty bad bug.