[A13] Genetic Engineering

Started by Ekarus, May 08, 2016, 11:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekarus

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on May 12, 2016, 05:13:05 PM
Great to hear it! I can't wait to be able to bash raiders faces in with bionic super solders!
Also, you might want to look into a patch for edb prepare carefully. The "prepare carefully" button for it disappears with this installed.

I'll look into it at some point, no guarantees though. Pretty sure I figured out why the "Social" tab disappeared, and I know why my mod is incompatible with Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, but I wouldn't know where to begin with much else.

YoruOokami

I was mentioning the "Undying Loyalty" and the one for Genetic mates, I somehow have managed to forget the name of in a day since ive used this, In any case its something like a +90 mood buff (which is really nice for the supersoldiers, I dont want to imagine what would happen with one of those berserk in the middle of a colony lol)

Reaper

I meant I had a guy with a cosmetic gene buff.
Looking forward to the patch with the compatibility, I may already have it installed and working with EPOE(not sure) but I have a feeling it is going to explode.

Ekarus

Okay, that's dealt with. I've fixed the missing social tab, as well as fixed a few additions I forgot to 'enable' before I released the initial version.

As an added bonus, I've included (as a separate file) a compatibility patch for Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering. It's one of my favorite mods that I don't play without and (should) now work with Genetic Engineering. You need both mods enabled for the patch to work. Once they are all you need to do is enable the patch last.

Mind you, I still do not know for sure what's not compatible so... Use it at your own risk.

Lennbolt7

I'm an idiot. :-[ This isn't actually incompatible with prepare carefully. Changing my load order fixed the issue. I've started 3 different colonies with 2 or 3 bionic/surgery mods and they all seem to work ok. This is a pretty great mod so far, can't wait to see what you think of next. :)

SmartererThanYou

It's amazing how mod devs can do this stuff in such a short amount of time. I'm trying my hand at modding and every time I try I just slam my head into a desk

Ekarus

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on May 13, 2016, 09:12:28 PM
I'm an idiot. :-[ This isn't actually incompatible with prepare carefully. Changing my load order fixed the issue. I've started 3 different colonies with 2 or 3 bionic/surgery mods and they all seem to work ok. This is a pretty great mod so far, can't wait to see what you think of next. :)

I appreciate the compliment, however I feel the need to point out that this mod is probably incompatible with most surgery mods as to my knowledge they all require modding the same base game file.

But if it's working for you, I won't (not that I could) stop you.

As for what's next? Who knows, this was something I threw together on a whim one weekend while I was bored so safe bet it'll have to wait until I'm done with DOOM.

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 14, 2016, 03:10:06 AM
It's amazing how mod devs can do this stuff in such a short amount of time. I'm trying my hand at modding and every time I try I just slam my head into a desk

Honestly, I'm surprised I picked it up as fast as I did. My advice is to find other mods that do things that are similar, or use the same systems as the mod you want to make. (For example (and the reason the "social" tab was missing) I looked at Shinzy's Norbals to get an idea of how to make a custom humanlike race.) Fortunately, XML isn't nearly as complicated as other code languages which really made things easier. Like I said, I'm not a coder, I'm an artist. (And believe me, once I figure out /how/ I'm tweaking the Xenohuman sprites)

Reaper

Perhaps using community core library may help in some places? May also help with compatibility in rare cases.

Ekarus

Quote from: Reaper on May 15, 2016, 05:06:43 AM
Perhaps using community core library may help in some places? May also help with compatibility in rare cases.

What does the Community Core Library do?

SmartererThanYou

It provides some library functions, and changes Core a bit

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

HolyWinter

Alright, so upon trying to pinpoint the exact mod making Combat Realisms (1.6.5) Reload and pick up mechanic not function I finally pinpointed it to this mod.

Please do test it out for yourself for further support or debunk my statement.

All in all a compatibility patch for CR 1.6.5 would be awesome, in which case if it really is incompatible. :)
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

Ekarus

Quote from: HolyWinter on May 19, 2016, 10:43:54 PM
Alright, so upon trying to pinpoint the exact mod making Combat Realisms (1.6.5) Reload and pick up mechanic not function I finally pinpointed it to this mod.

All in all a compatibility patch for CR 1.6.5 would be awesome, in which case if it really is incompatible. :)
Seeing as they've got a compatibility patch for EPOE on their page I can safely say I know the file that's conflicting and this mod will conflict with Combat Realism as a result. However, the developer of Combat Realism has stated they're going to be discontinuing the mod with the next release and I'm not too keen on starting work on a compatibility patch that could end up being useless shortly.

That said, I created this mod on a whim, so I suppose there's a chance that I'll still make the compatibility patch on a whim as well... Though I suppose that also means I'd have to make a sort of all-in-one as I continue on with this... Regardless, I need to go to sleep.

Thank you for letting me know the mod is incompatible with Combat Realism.

Fluffy (l2032)

While the dev of Combat Realism has quit, I doubt Combat Realism itself will go away anytime soon - it's a must-have mod for a lot of people, including modders. And nothing motivates a modder more then being frustrated playing the game knowing something could be better :P.

HolyWinter

Quote from: Ekarus on May 20, 2016, 10:00:13 AM
Quote from: HolyWinter on May 19, 2016, 10:43:54 PM

Seeing as they've got a compatibility patch for EPOE on their page I can safely say I know the file that's conflicting and this mod will conflict with Combat Realism as a result. However, the developer of Combat Realism has stated they're going to be discontinuing the mod with the next release and I'm not too keen on starting work on a compatibility patch that could end up being useless shortly.

That said, I created this mod on a whim, so I suppose there's a chance that I'll still make the compatibility patch on a whim as well... Though I suppose that also means I'd have to make a sort of all-in-one as I continue on with this... Regardless, I need to go to sleep.

Thank you for letting me know the mod is incompatible with Combat Realism.

Thanks for being open minded about it. Frankly CR is so popular I think that even if NoImage is gone I believe someone will pick it up and continue (or at least try). Hopefully NoImage is just on a Hiatus.

I really do like this mod but I kind of have to weigh which one i'd prefer to run with in this situation. I won't blame you for not working up a patch for it so I hope you won't blame myself for choosing CR over this.  ;D
If you do decide to i'll gladly pick this up again.
Thanks!
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy