[A13] Scheduled Caravans with Supply & Demand

Started by Kaizyn, May 08, 2016, 08:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyena

It would be interesting if the caravans got fed up with you if you didn't actually trade with them, and there was an imposed delay between when you could request caravans depending on how 'profitable' the previous caravan was. Surely they don't like to send out people for no good reason.

That way people would be more likely to only request caravans when they have stuff to trade rather than just requesting them immediately on the off-chance they have something the player wants, or whatever.

No idea how yoi could determine whether a trade caravan was 'profitable' though.

Kaizyn

Quote from: Hyena on May 15, 2016, 07:41:17 AM
It would be interesting if the caravans got fed up with you if you didn't actually trade with them, and there was an imposed delay between when you could request caravans depending on how 'profitable' the previous caravan was. Surely they don't like to send out people for no good reason.

That way people would be more likely to only request caravans when they have stuff to trade rather than just requesting them immediately on the off-chance they have something the player wants, or whatever.

No idea how yoi could determine whether a trade caravan was 'profitable' though.

That's actually a precise "to do" I have on the main page already.    I planned to add in having you get slightly + or slightly - relations, depending how much stuff you buy from them, or how much stuff you sell to them.    It'll probably be the first major addition I do, beyond adding compatibility for other main mods.   

Quote from: Youhaveavirus on May 15, 2016, 07:01:49 AM
Nice work, awesome mod.
Could you please add a version number to your thread name or download links?
So the people can easily check if their mod is up to date?

Ah yeah - actually the .zip files themselves are named  (newer one is 13.01, original is 13.00, but not the links).    I'll update it accordingly.    I kind of threw the update out in a rush, heh heh.

vteam

Been playing with this mod and about 40 other mods for 1 game year. Have to say that there doesn't seemed to be any major bugs. The scheduled caravans are really nice as opposed to the random nature of it previously. I can get my trade goods ready when I know a caravan will be coming.  :)

Volcanus

How do you view the dates or times a faction will come to trade? I look on the faction page and i see nothing like in the picture of the first post.

Clibanarius

Because you right-click on the caravan desk and activate it to get the screen, not the relations tab on the bottom.

Volcanus

Quote from: Clibanarius on May 18, 2016, 09:26:06 AM
Because you right-click on the caravan desk and activate it to get the screen, not the relations tab on the bottom.

Thanks i didn't even know there WAS a table. Would be great if the first post mentioned that somewhere that it actually shows more. I mean i reread it again but it didn't say it was a table only a manager which made me think it was just a tab.

Kaizyn

Quote from: Volcanus on May 18, 2016, 10:38:25 AM
Quote from: Clibanarius on May 18, 2016, 09:26:06 AM
Thanks i didn't even know there WAS a table. Would be great if the first post mentioned that somewhere that it actually shows more. I mean i reread it again but it didn't say it was a table only a manager which made me think it was just a tab.

Quote from: Kaizyn on May 08, 2016, 08:58:04 PM
How to use / how it works:
Build a "Trade Caravan Manager" building from the Misc tab to enable trading.    If you don't have a building, caravans will revert to vanilla.  Select a pawn and right click the building to open the management window. (It acts like a Comms Console)    (I'm not 100% happy with this, but it was a way to keep things non-interfering with any other mods touching Comms Consoles or the Faction tabs.   Feedback here is good, because it may be annoying enough to warrant changing.)

It's right there since the very first post  ;)

Actually I would like to find a bit better/intuitive way of doing it.   Several other mods are playing with the Factions tab as well as Comms Consoles, so I was hesitant to use those.     Originally I did want to hook it to the Factions tab, as that made the most sense ... need to find some decent alternative.

Techgenius

I wish you and Orion could work together and seize the opportunity to grow Hospitality and SCWSD into the "One Mod To Rule Them All"

I kinda remember a system in Fallout 4, that you have to set up a place for caravans to visit your settlements, why not do anything like that? a barn.. to store the Pack-Mufallos, a place for them to sleep, while.. a patch with hospitality allows you to handle the npcs, plus trade with them, because Hospitality breaks a barrier and allows the player to interact with caravaneers from your mod, disabling the ability to trade with them temporalily, maybe also, grow the mod to allow, not only scheduled caravans, but "passing traders" making your colony a hub for trade, traders visiting other factions while passing through your colony, for a quick stop, rest-stop.

Kaizyn

Quote from: Techgenius on May 18, 2016, 02:00:10 PM
I wish you and Orion could work together and seize the opportunity to grow Hospitality and SCWSD into the "One Mod To Rule Them All"

I may bug Orion to see about doing this.   Actually I use Hospitality myself, and it was one of my personal requirements to make sure my mod didn't interfere with it.    At present they work fine together, the only thing being that the caravans my mod produces don't get the "guest" tabs and such.    However, I *believe* it should be possible to have them work together.  I'll do a little research to see if I can do it myself, if not I may start poking Orion.

Quote from: Techgenius on May 18, 2016, 02:00:10 PM
I kinda remember a system in Fallout 4, that you have to set up a place for caravans to visit your settlements, why not do anything like that? a barn.. to store the Pack-Mufallos, a place for them to sleep, while.. a patch with hospitality allows you to handle the npcs, plus trade with them, because Hospitality breaks a barrier and allows the player to interact with caravaneers from your mod, disabling the ability to trade with them temporalily, maybe also, grow the mod to allow, not only scheduled caravans, but "passing traders" making your colony a hub for trade, traders visiting other factions while passing through your colony, for a quick stop, rest-stop.

I actually originally planned to do something like this, having an actual trading post.    However, it's being done by someone else, currently.   Not 100% sure of the status on it.     They're doing a Dwarf Fortress-esque thing with having a trading post that the caravans will visit and unload at.   I'm not entirely sure how compatible this will be out of the gate, but it will be a high priority for me to work with, as it's more or less what I wanted to do myself.

One thing I am concerned with though is from what I can gather so far - it'll be possible to be compatible with either Hospitality, or this Trade Post/DF style one, but not both.   (I could be wrong though).     Unless of course they end up being compatible with each other.

nobrainer

Hi there!
I've been using this mod for a few days already. It's very good.

I have a question though. I'm also using Combat Realism that supposedly disables those small trading visitors that sometimes appear because they end up dropping a bunch of stuff on the ground as soon as they appear due to CR's weight & bulk system.

Does your mod "re-enable" these small scale traders?
I'm asking because those traders keep appearing on my game even though CR's forum page states that they were disabled.
I'm currently loading your mod after CR and the More Factions mod after yours. That's why I'm guessing that these traders are being "re-enabled" by either Scheduled Caravans or More Factions.

RagingLoony

Quote from: nobrainer on May 23, 2016, 05:38:57 AM
Hi there!
I've been using this mod for a few days already. It's very good.

I have a question though. I'm also using Combat Realism that supposedly disables those small trading visitors that sometimes appear because they end up dropping a bunch of stuff on the ground as soon as they appear due to CR's weight & bulk system.

It does enable them. BUT the author of Hospitality released an update yesterday which has a patch the for the issue of small traders dropping everything when the Cr mod is being used. it basically makes all the little traders spawn with backpacks and gives their weight sanity checks so they dont go over

Does your mod "re-enable" these small scale traders?
I'm asking because those traders keep appearing on my game even though CR's forum page states that they were disabled.
I'm currently loading your mod after CR and the More Factions mod after yours. That's why I'm guessing that these traders are being "re-enabled" by either Scheduled Caravans or More Factions.

Thorbane

I found an odd incompatibility, this mod and Fluffy's Area Unlocker don't like each other.  Tested with only CCL installed alongside both.

Nevermind, load order issue, make sure and load this mod first.

Also this order apparently only matters if your starting a new colony

joaonunes

Should this mod be compatible with the latest version of Balancing Act? Because in the latest patch it says that it increases the trader frequency would it affect this mod if loaded it before/after?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

RagingLoony

Quote from: Thorbane on May 26, 2016, 03:50:36 AM
I found an odd incompatibility, this mod and Fluffy's Area Unlocker don't like each other.  Tested with only CCL installed alongside both.

I'm using both and having no issues, that's really weird.
Quote from: joaonunes on May 26, 2016, 04:44:02 AM
Should this mod be compatible with the latest version of Balancing Act? Because in the latest patch it says that it increases the trader frequency would it affect this mod if loaded it before/after?

Nah, because they only show up when you schedule for them, and they're their own thing. I'm using a mod that just up's the trader frequency and everything is fine

Thorbane

Hey, I've noticed that traders spawned by this mod never bring or trade in animals.  Is this intended?  It seems like they should bring animals from wherever they are living, and at least outlanders should occasionally bring domestic farm animals.