SubSections Suggestion

Started by keensta, February 10, 2014, 03:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keensta

Is it possible we have a couple of subsections added here. I was thinking along the lines of

Work In Progress -  Any mods, scenarios or tools that are in development
Resources - Tutorials and other helpful information (So list of Ids or all the different cloths/hair names)
Ask for help - Ask current mods, scenario or tool creators for help

Adding these extra sections and maybe others should help this part of the forum keep clean and clutter free. Helping new members find my save editor :P or one of ItchyFlea's awesome scenarios without skipping past page after page of "Project" threads or "Help Me" thread. They can find what there looking for quicker if it be a Tool/Mod/Scenario or if there looking at what's being worked on or how to make a mod for RimWorld.

Of course there is the index and that's great but that can still be used as it's great but things can be missed off that and people still may not find help full tutorials after all you can't stick them all.

Anyway it's just a suggestion on helping keeping the forums easier to mod and kept clutter free.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Tynan

Looking into this, I actually can't find an option for SMF to add sub-boards to a board. Are there any experts out there on this who can help?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Evul

AcDie

Quote from: keensta on February 10, 2014, 03:34:45 PM...
i've been asking about it while ago :P
Quote from: Tynan on February 10, 2014, 03:57:19 PM...
not sure about smf, but i work with IPB & vBulletin engines :P
looking more info at official site...

keensta

Quote from: Tynan on February 10, 2014, 03:57:19 PM
Looking into this, I actually can't find an option for SMF to add sub-boards to a board. Are there any experts out there on this who can help?

There is no need to add additional mods to make this work. What you need to do is create a new board like you did you "Mods" then in there should be a orders tab hit that and make sure it orders under mods...
Simples :) I can include screenshots if need be.. I normaly work with Xenforo forums mainly for a Minecraft server but there all the same when you get down to the skin.

Edit: Sorry for got to add once the order is under mods make it a child of mods...

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

AcDie

Quote from: keensta on February 10, 2014, 04:29:00 PM
There is no need to add additional mods to make this work. What you need to do is create a new board like you did you "Mods" then in there should be a orders tab hit that and make sure it orders under mods...
true, default function. TY check - http://77.41.91.150/smf

keensta

Quote from: AcDie on February 10, 2014, 04:39:12 PM
Quote from: keensta on February 10, 2014, 04:29:00 PM
true, default function. TY check - http://77.41.91.150/smf

A forum system without such a feature wouldn't be worth the hassle to install it..

AcDie

Quote from: keensta on February 10, 2014, 04:45:53 PM
A forum system without such a feature wouldn't be worth the hassle to install it..
Well when i asked Semmy to add some sub-forums, he told me - mission imposible ;D

keensta

Quote from: AcDie on February 10, 2014, 04:51:53 PM
Quote from: keensta on February 10, 2014, 04:45:53 PM
Well when i asked Semmy to add some sub-forums, he told me - mission imposible ;D

Somebody didn't look hard enough :P

Tynan

Finally figured this out. Let's try this arrangement and see if we need more categories later.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

keensta

Quote from: Tynan on February 10, 2014, 05:39:26 PM
Finally figured this out. Let's try this arrangement and see if we need more categories later.

Awesome thanks a lot. Also you might not need to add AcDie as a Mod for the Children of Mod. I'd assume he would have right over them due to him having control of there parent may be wrong :).

Also AcDie get a move on and start moving some thread :P. Lets just hope for your sake there is a multiselection move option.

Evul

Love what you done with the place! :D

AcDie

before all with need consensus..
my vision rename:
MODs > Modding = Releases (working with latest game version)
How to > Help = How to cooking & other questions
MIP > Projects = unfinished mods / outdated

Evul

If i may recomend a forum structure use this part of the four for help and question regarding modding the keep one for Relesed mods projects can keep this thread section.

So:
Modding (for questions and projects.)
-Mods (for finished products.)

If you need a good structure have a look at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/
They have a large and we'll working moding community. Take a look at crusader kings 2 section. :)

Evul