Expansion on body status

Started by blub01, May 09, 2016, 08:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blub01

Currently, we have 2 different kinds of stats in the game: skills (cooking, growing, crafting, etc.), and the status of the body (manipulation, movement, aso.). I believe the game could benefit from expanding upon the second concept, which could be a bit more detailed in my opinion. for example, manipulation could be anything from hitting something with a sword (in conjunction with the meelee skill), requiring control of the movement of your entire arm, without fine control of, say, the fingers being important, over crafting a gun or something (in conjunction with the crafting skill), requiring said fine control of finger movement for assembling parts, to, I think, hauling capacity, which requires more brute strength than anything else. This leads to events affecting pawn abilities in ways they clearly shouldn't, for example, while having the right hand replaced with a power claw will of course make building a gun or cook stove harder, it should not decrease meelee hit chance (which I think it does, correct me if I'm wrong).

my suggestion, summed up, is to keep that from happening, by differentiating between raw strength and fine control, arms and hands, etc. etc.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.