[Bug?] A13 Possible bug in autohaul

Started by falcongrey, May 09, 2016, 08:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcongrey

I have been trying to duplicate this, however without a mod that 'spawns' buildings with doors I haven't been able to do it.

In basic, spawn building has a door with items inside unexplored room. Auto haul will see the items in the room and automatically go through the door and into the room to get the items to haul back to the stockpile.

Expected behavior: Auto haul would not see items in unexplored rooms / buildings / areas.
Actual behavior: Auto haul sees items in unexplored rooms / buildings / areas that have a door sealing it and will automatically go to haul the items to the stockpile.

I can duplicate it using map gen mods, such as Miscellaneous MapGen. However, I am unable to determine if this is vanilla haul action or caused by the mod due to no areas have spawned so far with a door sealing them with items inside.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

milon

My guess is it has to do with forbidden status.  When vanilla generates a world, all items start out forbidden (which I think includes items in sealed rooms).  You can't autohaul what's forbidden, so you have to find it manually before you can unforbid it.

When MapGen spawns items in a room, are they auto-forbidden too?

falcongrey

Quote from: milon on May 10, 2016, 07:04:37 AM
My guess is it has to do with forbidden status.  When vanilla generates a world, all items start out forbidden (which I think includes items in sealed rooms).  You can't autohaul what's forbidden, so you have to find it manually before you can unforbid it.

When MapGen spawns items in a room, are they auto-forbidden too?

That is a good question. I'm going to forward this thread to MapGen's creator and see what they say. :)

Chibiabos

I've gotten notifications with Miscellaneous MapGen (though I don't know for certain its the sole culprit) that ... I forget the exact name, but mech units inside an 'Ancient Danger' structure are 'leaving.'  I clicked on the notification (one of the top-of-the-screen ones, not one that appears on the right that lingers until you click on it) and ... yup ... it panned to an 'Ancient Danger' structure.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Haplo

I'll look into it. I may have forgotten to forbid the items when they spawn :)

Quote from: Chibiabos on May 18, 2016, 11:25:51 PM
I've gotten notifications with Miscellaneous MapGen (though I don't know for certain its the sole culprit) that ... I forget the exact name, but mech units inside an 'Ancient Danger' structure are 'leaving.'  I clicked on the notification (one of the top-of-the-screen ones, not one that appears on the right that lingers until you click on it) and ... yup ... it panned to an 'Ancient Danger' structure.
It should normally be the same message that you get when you're near a vanilla ruin with mechanoids in them. That you have a feeling that there are ancient dangers nearby..
This is automatically generated, when there is an enemy spawned.

Chibiabos

Quote from: Haplo on May 19, 2016, 07:35:30 AM
It should normally be the same message that you get when you're near a vanilla ruin with mechanoids in them. That you have a feeling that there are ancient dangers nearby..

You seem to have missed the part that I got a message saying the mechs in that danger zone are leaving.  I wasn't near that danger zone at the time, it was right at the start of the game.

falcongrey

Quote from: Chibiabos on May 19, 2016, 12:40:04 PM
Quote from: Haplo on May 19, 2016, 07:35:30 AM

You seem to have missed the part that I got a message saying the mechs in that danger zone are leaving.  I wasn't near that danger zone at the time, it was right at the start of the game.

Yes, I think Haplo did miss that part.  ;)

Might suggest that you start a new thread in the Mod Bugs daughter board under Bugs so that Haplo can track the separate issues easier. I would simply copy the original post you made about the issue and 'quote' the replies between you a Haplo so he can follow where things are with it, then go from there.

Chibiabos

I don't know if its a separate issue, I don't even know if its a vanilla issue, its only happened once thus far and it was running the Miscellaneous mod which generates different structures, though I don't know whether they modified the 'ancient danger' structure at all. :/ 

milon

All I'm reading so far is that Haplo's mod seems to not forbid items on map generation, so haulers are grabbing things before the player has even seen them.

Is there something else going on as well?

falcongrey

Quote from: milon on May 19, 2016, 05:48:26 PM
All I'm reading so far is that Haplo's mod seems to not forbid items on map generation, so haulers are grabbing things before the player has even seen them.

Is there something else going on as well?

Stuff about the mechs inside an ancient evil leaving even though he hadn't discovered them yet or gone near it. He had just hit the ground from the crash.

Haplo

It can be.. there is the remote possibility that a blueprint with holes will be placed on a vanilla ruin and open it up.
This will result in the mechanoids attacking at the game start.
You must be REALLY unlucky for that to happen, but it CAN happen, yes.
Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it right now, as the vanilla scattering is independent from my scattering, so I don't know where the ruins are scattered.
I do have a savety that reduces the chance further, but it still isn't impossible to happen, sorry.