Add Explorer/Voyager Pawn

Started by Pleasure, February 11, 2014, 12:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pleasure

Note: I do not know if this was already suggested.

I can easily imagine a new pawn entirely, an Explorer/Voyager. There basically Pawns that land on your planet in order to explore/Conquer. The dev can give explorers/Voyagers different traits and or goals, which would expand on the random story telling that the game already has.

Imagine your playing and you get a notification telling you that "Exploerers have landed". Well instead of just attacking your small base/Community, they actually set up a base of there own. Some explorers, simply just want to survive along side your own establishment or others will simply build up there base and slowly send out waves of enemies in order to conquer or enslave the entire planet. It would give the game an even deeper feel, where for once you actually have the opportunity to set up a small party to wipe out who ever is trying to set up base in your planet.

Explorers/Voyagers Goal
Slavers-To Capture members of your Community and sell them as slaves.
Conquer- To wash your base slowly out of existence as they build up there own.
Passive- They simply just want to live, they dont really effect your colony but maybe you can interact with them(ex. sell/buy)

I think having to save one of my colonist who was recently captured and taken to a small Explorer base would be epic.

Jones-250

Quite interesting consept... Sounds good.
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

RedStorm58

This would take a while to code. You are essentially asking for an A.I. System to land, set up base, and/or attack you. This is hard for two reasons. 1: Currently, there is no way for A.I.pawns to BUILD walls, only destroy them. And it would also need additional coding to make the shape of the colony; if you dont do this, it would be a random scatter of BUILDINGS.2: The map right now is SMALL. There is no space for other colonies. But still, i like the idea, its just that it is just shy of impossible.
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.