Clearing "letters"?

Started by Perturbee, May 12, 2016, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perturbee

I've only started playing 4 hours or so ago, so I might be missing something entirely...

One of the 'tutorial' messages is to "Learn clearing letters with right-click".
I'm not sure what "Incoming Letters" are supposed to be, they're not the messages at the top left (right-click gets me to the event), nor the message itself.

How do I get rid of it? Or rather, what am I missing?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Calahan

I think this is referring to the messages that appear on the right-hand side of the screen (if you right-click on one it goes away).

Gennadios

The mail envelopes the game spawns with events. Red for raids, yellow for environmental hazards, blue for visitors.

The letters should drop for top right to about where the "clear letters" message is on your screenshot.

They should probably be called "notifications" for clarity...

Perturbee

Quote from: Gennadios on May 12, 2016, 10:52:11 AM
The mail envelopes the game spawns with events. Red for raids, yellow for environmental hazards, blue for visitors.

The letters should drop for top right to about where the "clear letters" message is on your screenshot.

They should probably be called "notifications" for clarity...

Ahh! Thank you, yes, I have seen them and now it makes sense what "letters" are. A little confusing, I'm not sure if "notifications" is any clearer, as the ones at the top left might be considered that too.

BlackSmokeDMax

Ah, thank you! I had always wondered what that was in the tutorial. Kind of forgot about that once I shut the tutorial off.

As others have mentioned, it isn't clear. And while I think the ones the tutorial mentions should be called "Alerts", and the others in the upper left should be called "Notifications" there would still be no knowing which was really which without labeling the area, especially to someone new to the game. And labeling the area would take up too much screen real estate for an experienced player.

Nearer release, it'd almost be nice to have them all in the upper left, but the ones that are currently "letters" could keep their icon, color, and sound to make them stand out. And of course they still wouldn't go away until dismissed, unlike notifications, just like the current system. Or else something similar, bet their could be some great suggestions for that.