Dropped Item in Doorway Allows Colonists to Shoot Through The Doorway: Embrasure

Started by starryknight64, May 10, 2016, 10:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starryknight64

I mean, I can storytell a way such that this works... but... it seems like a bug.

Please tell me this is intentional so I can go on building my fortress with embrasures that are actually doors with something undeterioratable blocking it from closing.

I'll post a screenshot later today.

milon

Working as intended.  :)

It's much easier if you just mark the door as Hold Open (select the door, and it's one of the action icons) and have a pawn to step into the door way to open it.  Then you can pew pew through it to your heart's content.  When you're done, you can deselect Hold Open, and the next pawn through it will shut the door again.

starryknight64

I'm aware of that. This is just a touch different. The enemies cannot go through the door nor can they shoot through it when it's blocked like this (as opposed to using the "Hold Open" option). It's essentially an embrasure.

milon

Eh?  What are you dropping in the doorway that blocks enemy pathing?  I'm really curious to see that picture now.

starryknight64

When it happened last night, I had a pirate wielding a knife carve into one of my guys who was standing in the doorway. Once my guy was sufficiently carved, he fell down and dropped his weapon (a survival rifle) into the doorway. My guy was rescued and while I was tending to him, the pirate who carved into him just stood there, twitching about while my guys (who were behind the doorway) shot at him as if they were behind cover. None of the other pirates tried to go through the doorway. It was as if the doorway was closed. And so my guys shot at the pirates through the makeshift embrasure until the twitchy pirate decided he'd had enough lead in him and fell. Thus, concludeth the raideth.

I'll try my hand at some debug commands tonight to see if I can make this happen again.

Spectreofoz

Ive seen this one myself , pawn fallls becuase of injury drops item , door held open , Hive critter either wanders off while been shoot or attacks door .
has only happen twice for me tho where item drops in doorway while combat is going on

ison