Prisoners can attempt to get married

Started by koisama, April 30, 2016, 04:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koisama

1. I just had two colonist weddings one after another, but after the second wedding only the previous couple got the "attended wedding" bonus. Other colonists did not get the thought. Second couple got their previous "attended wedding" thought erased.
Expected: thougt stacking (Attended wedding x2) or thought timer renewal, previous wedding thought is kept.
Actual: thought was ignored by everyone who already had that kind of thought, previous wedding thought is erased.

2. Social parties happen in weird places and rarely produce bonus. I think this only started to happen after my colony grew in size and colonists stopped gathering in dining room.

koisama

Another one: prisoners can form relationships and attempt wedding. Unfortunately, actual wedding won't happen even though MessageNewMarriageCeremony is displayed.

Tynan

1 and 2 aren't bugs, really. The attended wedding thought isn't erased, it's just reset to the latest wedding.

3. is a bug we'll have to look into.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

milon

Quote from: koisama on May 03, 2016, 10:21:50 AM
Another one: prisoners can form relationships and attempt wedding. Unfortunately, actual wedding won't happen even though MessageNewMarriageCeremony is displayed.

Interesting.  I'm guessing that prisoners can't get to the marriage ceremony location?

koisama

So I finally got to consequences of this bug - a broken save.
Below are the relevant part of the log and the section of the save that caused the crash.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.LordJob_Joinable_MarriageCeremony.CreateGraph () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.SetJob (Verse.AI.Group.LordJob lordJob) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.ExposeData_StateGraph () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PostLoadInitter.DoAllPostLoadInits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapIniter_LoadFromFile.InitMapFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RootMap.<Init>m__513 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

<li>
<loadID>410</loadID>
<faction>Faction_8</faction>
<ownedPawns />
<avoidGrid IsNull="True" />
<lordJob Class="LordJob_Joinable_MarriageCeremony">
<firstPawn>Thing_Human2948599</firstPawn>
<secondPawn>null</secondPawn>
<spot>(211, 0, 175)</spot>
</lordJob>
<ticksInToil>2760504</ticksInToil>
<initialColonyHealthTotal>1802040</initialColonyHealthTotal>