[A16] Metro Armory, Ushanka!, Vanilla-like wheat, Stuffed Vents

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, May 11, 2016, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diana Winters

The Tagelmust desc. says "Wastly" where I assume you meant "Vastly" c:

Edit: A suggestion: the Tagelmust should suppress the "Ugly" trait :p

Dark_Inquisitor

Spelling error fixed.
And for the trait suppression suggestion, I likely won't do it. I want to keep this mod as vanilla as possible, so no special things, really. Like, look at the power armor helmet - it cover whole face, and still don't suppresss ugly trait. This makes me think that there's more to ugly trait than just your face.
But still, thank you for reporting spelling error.
If there's any more mistakes/errors, post them here.

Shinzy

Mightyrick1

Ahh, I love me some Metro. The gun models look very nice, a great translation to Rimworld!
Amateur modder / YT LPer at www.tiny.cc/DDYoutube
mods : Elysian Flags - Mscarsonelle's theme

Tig2

Are you planing on making those gun craftable? What about CR compatibility + ammo ?
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Tig2 on June 23, 2016, 11:32:34 AM
Are you planing on making those gun craftable? What about CR compatibility + ammo ?
Well... They ARE craftable; check your version and make sure it is the latest.
And about Combat Realism compability - for the time being, not really, sorry  :'(. I'm a bit busy with my life and that's why I released this mod sooner than I've wanted; it lacks few features and a few guns might be not idealy balanced.

Tig2

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on June 26, 2016, 08:01:20 PM
Quote from: Tig2 on June 23, 2016, 11:32:34 AM
Well... They ARE craftable; check your version and make sure it is the latest.
And about Combat Realism compability - for the time being, not really, sorry  :'(. I'm a bit busy with my life and that's why I released this mod sooner than I've wanted; it lacks few features and a few guns might be not idealy balanced.

To be bluntly honest i did not check. Some moders just dont add recipes for there guns by default. I think that changed recently. And its always easy to ask than make copy of Rimworld just to check if recipe is added. Anyway. Thanks for hard work. Take your time till next release. Metro is grate game and those guns are grate add on to RimWolrd universe.

PS. Sorry for my english.
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

Deimos Rast

Just popping in to say I updated Metro Armory to A15. I had originally planned on throwing up a Dropbox download, but the license requires I ask first, so it was easier just to send Dark_Inquisitor a PM with the goods, which he is of course welcome to do with as he sees fit.
Cheers.

Edit: Updated Ushanka as well.
#StopPluginAbuse

Deimos Rast

Good things for you! ;D
Dark_Inquistor responded saying I can update/tweak/balance the mod, but not expand it, as he has a definite vision for it and intends to refocus on it once his summer work is over. That said, here is an A15 update of Metro Armory and Ushanka! to hold you over with until he returns!

Metro got the bulk of my focus, with Ushanka! basically getting a straight version upgrade. I made a rather detailed changelog (which details a number of minor changes), included in the download, with an abridged version below.
The only major change is that all the guns are now craftable at the Machining table (instead of the Smithy) with the exception of the Duplet Shotgun and the Tihar/Helsing Pneumatics, which are crafted at both (knives are crafted only at the Smithy). This was done to preserve RimWorld gameplay balance (as I perceived it), at the expense of Metro lore. The guns that are craftable at the Smithy are lower tech/damage and had flavor text indicating they're "made from scrap." If people disagree with this change, I have a second version that reverts it (it lives in an inherited base so it's an easy change), and I'll happily put up another dropbox link.

With that said, everything was gone over numerous times and tested in game, without error. Much blood was shed to test the efficacy of the product being delivered!
Cheers.
p.s. if you have any suggestions on further balancing or just general feedback, please let me know. :)

Credits
Dark_Inquistor - the author and creator of Metro Armory and Ushanka!
Deimos Rast - updated Metro Armory and Ushanka! to A15. Responsible for any and all errors contained therein.

License
Ask Dark_Inquisitor for permission first (see OP for specifics). And I did.

Download
Metro Armory [A15]
Ushanka! [A15]

=========Changelog (Metro Armory)=========
Smelt product = 1/5 Steel Cost (yields generally 12-16 Steel, down from a flat 20 for everything)
Internal reorganization of mod structure
Tweaked flavor text and added gun type after gun names for greater clarity (e.g. "Helsing Pneumatic Speargun" instead of just "Helsing")

===Specifics===
Throwing Knife:
  - Ranged damaged buffed (5 -> 6)
  - Melee damage nerfed (8 -> 6), but cooldown decreased (1.66 -> 1.6) (was same as Knife, but could be thrown).
  - Comparison (Melee): Knife (Dam: 8 // CD: 1.66); Shiv (Dam: 7 // CD: 1.55); Throwing Knife: (Dam: 6 // CD: 1.6)

Uboinik Shotgun: Increased market value slightly and can now be crafted
Bastard SMG: changed pickup sound to SMG (from Rifle); sounds exactly the same
Revolver: Increased muzzle flash (+2)
Revolver Rifle: Increased muzzle flash (+2)
Tihar Pneumatic Rifle: Reduced muzzle flash (-4)
Helsing Pneumatic Speargun: Reduced muzzle flash (-4)

===== No Changes (besides flavor text) =====
Long Knife: no changes (but probably deserves a slight nerf; currently rivals Gladius in damage output)
Uboinik Shotgun (+Bayonet): no changes
Duplet Shotgun: no changes
Tankier Pistol: no changes
Kalash: no changes
Kalash (2012): no changes
Volt Driver: no changes

=========Changelog (Ushanka!)=========
Peaked Cap now defaults to being part of Soldier outfit. Yup.

#StopPluginAbuse

Dark_Inquisitor

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry for not updating the mod for A14 and A15 immediately and leaving it as it was.
And when I think about it now, It is not stupid idea to make an exception in the license to allow other people to update it freely. Anyway - I'm back, and with some new ideas, too! (vodka mod?)
As for now Metro Armory and Ushanka! are officially updated to A15. Many, many thanks to Deimos Rast for updating the mod to A15 and for all the work! (I kept few changes that you made, as they were for the better)
Again, many thanks to Deimos Rast for the description text refining (English is not my native language, and I'm not that good in it).
Almost forgot to say - Metro Armory recieved 2 new guns.
Cheers!

=== Ushanka! Official Changelog (A13-15) ===
  - Peaked Cap now defaults to being part of Soldier outfit.

=== Metro Armory Official Changelog (A13-15) ===
= General:
  - Text description corrected (thanks to Deimos Rast)
  - Gun labels now contain its type (as proposed by Deimos Rast), e.g., "Tihar Pneumatic Rifle", "Duplet Shotgun" instead of just "Tihar", "Duplet"

= Crafting:
  - Smithy and Machining table crafts:
   - Duplet shotgun
   - Uboinik shotgun
   - Tankier
   - Revolver
   - Revolver rifle
   - Tichar
   - Bastard
   - Valve rifle
   - Helsing Pneumatic Speargun
  - Only Machining table crafts:
   - Volt Driver
   - VSV
   - Kalash
   - Kalash 2012
  - Normal Uboinik cannot be crafted now; It's replaced with Uboinik wth bayonet and it is the only version
  - Smelted guns now yeld generally 12-16 steel instead of flat 20

= Weapon properties (muzzle flash):
  - Revolver rifle (+1)
  - Revolver (+2)
  - Helling Pneumatic Speargun (-6)
  - Tihar Pneumatic Rifle (-6)
  - Volt Driver (-4)

= Throwing Knife balance
  - Ranged damaged buffed (5 -> 6)
  - Melee damage nerfed (8 -> 6), but cooldown decreased (1.66 -> 1.6) (was same as Knife, but could be thrown).
  - Comparison (Melee): Knife (Dam: 8 // CD: 1.66); Shiv (Dam: 7 // CD: 1.55); Throwing Knife: (Dam: 6 // CD: 1.6)
  - Thanks Deimos Rast for balancing throwing knife!

= New weapons:
  - VSV Rifle added
  - Valve Rifle added

Want to report a bug? Do you find someting unballanced? Post below!

Serenity

The hats look nice. How do the tagelmust and ushanka compare to cowboy hats and tuques as far as temperature protection is concerned? Are they the same and this is just a cosmetic difference?

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Serenity on September 13, 2016, 07:55:39 PM
The hats look nice. How do the tagelmust and ushanka compare to cowboy hats and tuques as far as temperature protection is concerned? Are they the same and this is just a cosmetic difference?
They are completly new hats, with different properties. They cost a bit more, add some variety (but they are more rare) and are a bit better than tuqe and cowboy hat (they are more specialized to fit their roles).

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Serenity on September 13, 2016, 07:55:39 PM

Tagelmust
Ingredients: Fabric
Cost: 30
Work: 2500
AR Blunt: 0.02
AR Sharp: 0.02
Insulation Heat: 10

Ushanka:
Ingredients: Fabric/Leather
Cost: 35
Work: 3500
AR Blunt: 0.04
AR Sharp: 0.03
Insulation Cold: -14
Insulation Heat: -2

Cowboy Hat
Ingredients: Fabric/Leather
Cost: 25
Work: 5000
AR Blunt: 0.03
Insulation Heat: 8
Social Impact: 0.15

Tuque
Ingredients: Fabric
Cost: 25
Work: 1500
AR Blunt: 0.03
Insulation Cold: -10
Insulation Heat: -2
#StopPluginAbuse

Serenity

Thanks. Downloaded and will be used in my next game :)